English Chant Collections by Richard Rice
  • Richard R.
    For those who might be interested I have updated my Lulu.com web page (link below) with latest editions of my collections of English chant for the modern Roman Rite, all available as Ebooks and downloadable as PDF files. Please contact me if you have questions.

Richard Rice
    https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/rrice999
    email: canticnov@aol.com
  • davido
    Richard, your earlier editions of this were the most complete English chant resource out there. Would you be willing to post a couple of sample pages of the revised work? Particularly what we can expect from the accompaniment editions?
  • Richard R.
    I just received word that my main collection of chant for the Mass with organ accompaniment has in fact been published by ILP, and is available here:

https://www.ilpmusic.org/product/MB202306.html

I have removed the corresponding Ebook editions from my Lulu spotlight page, per contractual agreement. I apologize for the confusion, and thank those who have supported my self-publishing efforts.

I don't think ILP will make the edition in traditional square notes available, and I will repost it when I confirm that.

To answer your question, davido, I could certainly provide sample pages. ILP has a sample edition on their site, which you can compare the edition you have. The revisions between that edition and this one are substantial, but if you are happy with what you have, you might want to stick with that.
  • davido
    Wow, I looked at the sample on the ILP site. This is a substantial work and you deserve hearty congratulations. So glad that this has been picked up by a publisher! I hope they promote the heck out of it.
    This is the single book to hand to a young choir director. Pair this with the St. Michael hymnal, and you're set!
  • Bombarde16
    Glad I bought this from you via Lulu before it was picked up, but glad to see that ILP has it nonetheless!

Richard, fo you know whether or not they have intentions to publish a cantor book in 5 line notation? If so, that would be of even more use to me at my parish!