Simplified Sprinkling Rite for Eastertide
  • Bombarde16
    Hello All!

Just wanted to share the following with everyone. The parish I am at has a LOOONNGG history of Haugen, Haas, and the rest of the fertilizer crowd... while I'm making some good headway in terms of hymnody and some chanted propers (mix of Graduale Simplex and those by Fr. Columba Kelly), I am working to find ways of bringing the texts of the Mass to their proper place... hence this endeavor.

I know that the "Responsorial Psalm Style" may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm certain it will work in my context, and I hope that someone else is able to find use of this as well.

I welcome feedback on the score or the engraving as you wish to share. (NOTE: I threw this together on a whim earlier this morning because I had the melody in my head. A second edition will certainly be coming in the future!)
  • ServiamScores
    “Fertilizer crowd”

Made me chuckle!
    Thanked by 1GerardH
  • I quite like it. My only comment would be the end of the verses. I don't know if the Alleluia makes sense at the end of verses 2-4. To me it kind of seems like an afterthought when the verse is already complete. It makes sense for verse 1, I'm just not sure on the others. I think that's relatively minor though. I really enjoy this setting overall.
  • Andrew_Malton
    I like it too. I like the rising Alleluia on the even numbered verses.

But I think since it's in a glorious mode VIII that the final should be A and not E.
    Thanked by 1GerardH
  • Bombarde16
    Bumping this for the upcoming Eastertide, should anyone desire to use this.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CatholicZ09
    I’m going to bring this up when we meet to plan for Easter 2025. We have used Randall DeBruyn’s “I Saw Water Flowing” for several years and have been looking for something…better.
    Thanked by 1Roborgelmeister
  • Bombarde16
    Please let me know if you end up using it! I would love to see it get out there!