Orbis Factor Gospel Acclamation
  • Would anyone have one of the Lent Gospel Acclamations adapting the Mass XI Kyrie (my favorite Kyrie, in fact) written out.
    Thank you!
  • This idea intrigued me, so I set them all. Hopefully this is what you were aiming for. I've appended two additional acclamations that use the final Kyrie, rather than the first, which could serve as a model if you wish to set a different text than the two which I did.
  • PS—if you'd like a single one of these extracted for a worship aid or so that you can point it for verses, let me know and I'll upload that one by itself.
  • David Hurd did this years ago back in Worship II or III
  • davido
    I have always thought was sad to associate this minor mode Kyrie with Lent, when the suggested Lenten Ordinary (XVII) is very major mode.
  • Thank you so very much! More than I could hope for.
    This may seem hard to believe but I am not familiar with Worship so I didn't know it was in there. We must have a copy around somewhere.
  • This may seem hard to believe but I am not familiar with Worship so I didn't know it was in there.
    Same for me. I don't own a copy, and I've never served at a parish that had it, so I had no idea.
  • Also, I ended up extracting the first version and doing this to it:
    https://youtu.be/-saX3_MJ5kA
    Sister, let me know if you would like the score. I'd be happy to share it with you.
  • ghmus7
    There is a GIA book that has Hurd's adaption on the orbis factor with verses for all of Lent anf Holy Week. One of the better GIA things.