Allemande : for Organ Manuals & Violoncello : by Bach and Koerber
  • francis
    composed a few years back... never got performed. use for a prelude perhaps.
    Thanked by 1Lars
  • francis
    toned back the cello on this recording... you can hear the texture in this one moreso.
    Thanked by 2Lars CHGiffen
  • francis
    to demonstrate the tranparency of counterpoint, here is the same melody in the higher register of a recorder.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen sdtalley3
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Don't bother even trying to underlay Ave Maria. ;-)
  • ServiamScores
    I like this, and have a professional cellist at my parish, but this score is unusable. Way too cramped and collisions everywhere. If you’d like me to engrave it for you, pm me. I could take the XML file and clean it up.
  • Schönbergian
    The score actually isn't cramped at all and my edition of the French Suites by Wiener Urtext sets the music even more closely. The issue is with the inconsistency of the spacing.
  • ServiamScores
    With all due respect, you're kidding right?

The divider lines intersect the bar numbers and there are spots where 16th notes are superimposed upon each other because there is not enough horizontal space for them to render correctly. There are notes from one stave that are nearly blending in with the notes of another, and there are rests touching each other and touching notes; notes touching their beams rather than stems (which have completely disappeared)... These are blatant engraving errors (the result of a program being pushed too far, not human mistake, just so we are clear.) It is absolutely unplayable as-is.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Re-engrave with 2 measures per system and 4 systems per page.
  • francis
    This was not engraved... simply a demonstration. There are things too close, and if you would like to perform it I can easily click a few menu items to "engrave" it for performers. Will only take going into Sibs ... Engraving Rules>Notes and Tremelos>Note Spacing... and change from the present 80% to something higher... example here... this is 90%. This took all of one click and export... also here are the separate parts.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • francis
    Here is a full score with the cello in small staff.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • francis
    fsLandscape...
  • francis
    When I engrave I like to use close note spacing as the classic publishers (Schirmers, Breitkopf, Peters, etc.)

When engraving chant, words with no hyphens unless necessary which keeps the neumes in tact.
  • francis
    RichardMix

I have an Ave Maria that may interest everyone... it is performed regularly at St. Matthew's Cathedral in DC for many of the weddings there. It is far less cheezy than Shubert, and a refreshing change from the Bach/Gounod... on that note, I also have an alternative accompaniment for the Schubert that is idiomatic for the organ.
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores
  • ServiamScores
    I would be interested in both your bachified schubert and your alternative Ave. I’d be just fine if I never heard either the schubert or Bach/gounod again…
  • francis
    OK Serviam... will post in new thread
  • a_f_hawkins
    In those drafts the last note of measure 10 is inelegant, to say the least.
  • francis
    A_f

The note that Bach wrote? Bb (Musical)

Or are you referring to the mistake in the collision? (Engraving)

(Please see final score as it is the one with no collisions) (although there are some accidental collisions here and there)
  • a_f_hawkins
    francis - Just to the appearance, even in the last version. (Sorry not able to show it from the miserable laptop I am currently using)
  • francis
    ah yes... the lack of engraving until you get to the final pdf...

(please do not mistake my pdf postings as 'engravings', when sometimes they are simply a demonstration or illustration and little time is invested. if a sincere interest comes about I will take the time to engrave with precision.)
  • francis
    here are engraved parts for organ and cello. hope this is acceptable now.
  • francis
    Anyone want to try this for a prelude??