Chicago ICKSP - once again, to avoid getting mixed up in the discussion
  • https://wdtprs.com/2022/07/action-item-proposal-to-priests-on-1-august-say-holy-mass-for-blase-cupich-link-to-post/

TL;DR:
    Cardinal Blase Cupich has revoked the faculties of ICKSP priests to say Mass publicly or hear confessions in the Archdiocese of Chicago.

Notable that this is their headquarters.
    All I can say is that this all stinks of great evil. For anyone to suggest that this might actually be a good thing, at least in my mind, is absurd and would fail to take into account the actual human experiences of the affected parishioners.

Update: I just realized there was already a discussion about the rumours, and I should have posted something there. Hopefully my offence is not too grave here...
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Thirty lashes with a wet noodle!
  • dad29
    Your post here notes the first OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT of the closing. ICK did not mention it in their bulletins through 7/24, and the Chicago Archdiocese's news postings did not mention it (as of 10 days ago.)
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • MatthewRoth
    The Shrine only just posted it on the website (also, there was no Shrine bulletin for July 31, which was a clue, and as I mentioned before in another thread, the vice-rector's notes were obviously about what was to come.)
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • It’s stunning that the rumored actions are true
    But to me, equally shocking that we are now in August and there seems to be not a word about it coming from the Cardinal; if there is an official statement someone please correct me.

There are many faithful who are affected by this with no warning from their shepherd and no provision made for them, How can they receive this? It’s just abandonment. Shocking,
  • chonakchonak
    There's not much point in having separate threads for discussions of separate citiea where the TLM was restricted: DC, Chicago, etc.
  • Chonak,

Can the threads be married, or must one lose its head?

[They are being sunk. --admin]
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • francis
    Number of threads is a significant contributing factor to the aggregate showing importance to the populous of forum participants. Sinking is also manipulative of the general sense of discussion and debate. What exactly is the moderators rules when taking any editorial action? A number of times I have seen comments and entire threads be demoted or deleted on account of ideology (ie, left, right, alarming, 'fake', etc.)
    There's not much point in having separate threads for discussions of separate citiea where the TLM was restricted: DC, Chicago, etc.
    In each specific case, personalities and geography are key and indicative to the occurring event.