Discontinuing music: Stella Caeli Extirpavit
  • Somewhere in early 2020, my family and I began praying the prayers in time of pestilence, and singing the Stella Caeli Extirpavit. If any of you did something even remotely similar, including parish-wide, when does the pestilence end?
  • francis
    When people (in general) repent and turn their hearts back to God I suppose.
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores
  • I figured that the plague was our spineless bishops, for which plague .... well,

• Jeffrey Quick
    We were doing the chant Stella, and Michael Haydn. The last time we did either was Sexagesima of 2021. So I guess we were done then.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • CharlesW
    I did prayers to St. Roch most days. Depending on which "authority" you believe, the pestilence is still with us.
  • francis
    A pestilence is certainly among us, but it is not that which most people think.
  • Francis,

Yes, exactly. My question isn't whether there is still a pestilence among us (since there are several), but whether the prayers attached to the Stella Caeli and such foresee an end with endemic status, or medical victory, and also whether praying for an end to spineless bishops is foreseen as a plague for which one can pray these prayers.
  • francis
    Chris

I believe our prayers are having enormous effect, however, not in the way people perceive... also.