Memorial of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary
  • Pax
    Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has set the psalm for the Memorial of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary. I am planning music for a votive mass to the Blessed Virgin Mary and the celebrant has picked this psalm, but I can find a setting of it so far. Responsorial Psalm: "The Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name." Luke 1:46-47, 48-49, 50-51, 52-53, 54-55 (Lectionary [709] or Lectionary IV pg. 76). Also bonus points if you have the Alleluia Verse: "Blessed are you, O Virgin Mary, who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled." (Lectionary [711] Option 2 - Lectionary IV pg. 79). Thanks!
  • Pax,

Since that's the Magnificat, unless you're hog-tied to the vernacular, settings of the "psalm" are plentiful.
  • MatthewRoth
    ^Even so, the Gregorian tones work fine, and I'm sure that it fits any of the tones from the commercial giants (or anyone else, like from Corpus Christi Watershed) just fine, whatever the merits of those may be… but it'd be helpful to know what you'd like! My home parish uses the Gregorian tones, some Anglican chant, and chant-like settings, nothing like in the missalette, ever.
  • https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8-wRwkTf2OfQmpCWnJxQ3lHbThnZUhjc0lyRWE2VlBTcThj/view?resourcekey=0-AmIfuANkSGpFWLnkKN-4gw

This one is from Fr. Weber. In general, if you write him, he is pretty generous in helping if something needs to be done for responsorials.