Ordinariate Sung English Paternoster Score
  • trentonjconn
    Does anyone have a chant notation score of the Our Father which is typically used by ordinariate congregations? This is the one which is closer to the original Latin melody as opposed to the one used in many mainstream N.O. parishes, I believe. I have found several versions online and am not positive which one is the most widely used. Thanks in advance.
  • DL
    That’s the ICEL one. In England, Merbecke is often used (perhaps in part because the one printed in the Divine Worship Missal is sufficiently unlike both the one Anglo-Catholics used to use and the ICEL one as to make for slightly choppy congregational waters).
  • MatthewRoth
    Is this it? This is the one that the Ordinariate community in Louisville uses, including when the bishop comes, so I always assumed that it was standard, at least in the US and Canada.
    Thanked by 1trentonjconn
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Matthew's link matches the Hymnal 1940 as well as Hymnal 82.
  • ServiamScores
    This isn’t the ordinariate version, but it is one designed to closely mimic the Roman tone, and I’m happy to send it to you if you like.

https://youtu.be/N95Mtd29Yy4
  • This may be found at no. 705 in the back of The Hymnal 1940.
    It may also be found in various P-B sources.
    It may also be found in the Ordinariate use.

I have never understood why the one sung by English speaking Catholics ever got itself into use by Catholics. It is not the historic chant melody, and lacks the beauty of the historic one,.

Ditto the Sursum Corda.

(Probably because the Anglicans did it first.)
    Thanked by 2ServiamScores CCooze
  • Yes, this is the version found in Divine Worship: The Missal, p. 649

4032 x 3024 - 2M
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • MatthewRoth
    MJO: melodies, rather. This was one of the big problems before 2011, and to an extent it still is, since the Ordinariate apparently did its thing. ICEL wanted a unified tone, but they also knew that people could actually sing each national version respectively, which is related to another problem with New Zealand, one of the few places where the translation that goes “Save us from the time of trial” became popular.