Easter Sunday: Seeking scores for short form Gradual & Alleluia
  • Hello!

I am seeking short form scores for the Gradual & Alleluia for Easter Sunday. I typically use the resources from CC Watershed but I cannot find these there...

Does anyone have a resource they can direct me to or a score they can share? Any help sourcing these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • madorganist
    Go to the Resources page on the musicasacra.com site and find Chants Abreges under Latin Chant Books. It should have what you seek.
    Thanked by 1Elizabeth
  • Thank you, I found it!
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    Or check the Graduale simplex, p. 155-156 for a responsorial gradual with a simple Hæc dies response.
  • madorganist
    Also the Liber Brevior, p. 701 of the PDF.
    Thanked by 1Elizabeth
  • a_f_hawkins
    tomjaw I see a misprint in that, the asterisk in the Alleluia - Should be [* immolátus] not [immolá * tus]
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • tomjaw
    @a_f_hawkins
    Good spot, went on to Gregobase to fix it, but it is not on Gregobase, so must be part of Ben Bloomfield's work, will send him a note.
    Thanked by 1a_f_hawkins
  • Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I'm going to go with the versions from the Chants Abreges...

I somehow forgot they were at the back of the Liber Brevior (I clearly haven't picked mine up off the shelf in a while...) - good to know!

My schola often did the full forms pre-pandemic but, where I'm from, we've had a nearly 2 year hiatus due to restrictions! We just started singing again this Lent for the first time since mid-March 2020 so we're easing back into some of the chant repertoire.

Thanks again!
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen tomjaw