Seeking Pueri Hebraeorum with all the verses in neumes
  • Does anyone have the Pueri Hebraeorum antiphons for Palm Sunday with all the verses set to neumes? I have just found out that we are having sung Masses on Palm Sunday and Maundy Thursday as well as the Good Friday Solemn Liturgy and sung Easter Vigil (all 1962) and having the verses in the neumes already would save a ton of work on my part as having the neumes would reassure my scholistas (by lessening the amount of brain attention needed). A cursory search online has not produced anything. Thank you!
  • I’m not sure what you’re asking for, but I suspect I have what you’re looking for.

Are you just looking for the chants for Palm Sunday, which includes the Pueri antiphon with all the verses?
  • Pueri Hebraeorum with all the verses can be found in The American Gradual 2020, which is available for fee download at americangradual.org and is also available in a hardback ecition from Lulu Press.

The Psalm verses are given in the 1979 Book of Common Prayer translation. Perhaps they can be used in this context since the missal rubric says, "Progrediente processione, cantatur a schola et populo cantus sequentes , vel alii apti." The antiphon and the text in this translation may qualify as "alii apti."

• madorganist
    I should be able to put this together for you fairly quickly. Do you prefer letter or half-letter size?
  • madorganist
    It's obvious to me that she wants every psalm verse already notated. How does this look? Would you prefer separate notes for each syllable on the reciting tones? I'll do the second one after you've replied. Of course you'll want to compare and proofread carefully before using.image
  • @madorganist,
    That's exactly it, thank you! One open punctum for the reciting tone is fine. I am simply trying to lessen the terror of my singers at the amount of music they are having to learn in such a short time :-) and the more obvious I can make things the better it will be.
  • madorganist
    Here's the second antiphon and verses.
  • @madorganist,
    Thank you so much. I appreciate the layout you have created with each set of verses before the next antiphon set to a continuous staff, then the next set beginning on a new line; that is the sort of layout that helps keep a singer in the right place with confidence. I will proofread these and get back to you.
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • madorganist
    I hope it's helpful! I use the same tool @tomjaw mentioned above, http://bbloomf.github.io/jgabc/psalmtone.html. Now maybe someone will do Tenebrae in this format ;)