Daily Lenten OF Propers
  • Are the sung propers for weekday Lenten Masses the same in the OF as they are in the EF? For example, if I use the propers tool and select the propers for Friday in the third week of Lent in the traditional calendar, will those be the right chants for the OF too? If not, where do I source OF Lenten daily propers? I do not want to sing the spoken propers from the missal. Thanks.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    if I use the propers tool and select the propers for Friday in the third week of Lent in the traditional calendar, will those be the right chants for the OF too?

No. The chants for Friday of the third week of Lent are the same as for the EF, except for:
    GR Bonum est confidere
    CO Ego clamavi

You can look this up in the Ordo Cantus Missæ (1987), pp. 35-44. The references in OCM are to the old Graduale Romanum.

Thanked by 1trentonjconn
  • Andrew_Malton
    The Ordo Cantus Missæ is definitive. I think the 1974 Graduale always agrees with it. The Ordo often specifies with “ut in Grad. Rom. præter” , so the Roman Gradual (1908) is underlying the changes for the Novus rite.

This Friday in this Third Week of Lent is actually the Annunciation, just saying.
    Thanked by 1trentonjconn
  • Right you are, I wasn't thinking and picked a poor example! Thanks for the answers guys.