Rookie Colloquium question
  • Hello everyone - I've been lurking on the forum for a while now but only joined recently! My life circumstances finally allow me the possibility of attending the Colloquium in June. I was a little confused about when Early Bird registration closes - the main Colloquium page says that registrations must be submitted by March 1st to qualify, but the actual registration form says March 31st. Does anyone know what the correct date is?
  • chonakchonak
    Hi!
    Would you send a note to Janet Gorbitz at contact@musicasacra.com? That'll get a reliable answer.
  • So sorry for the confusion, Laura. I have corrected the date on the main page to March 31st! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
    Thanked by 3CHGiffen Bri LauraKaz
  • Bri
    LauraKaz,

I highly recommend the Colloquium.

It is like a retreat and a workshop rolled into one!

I hope to see you there!

Bri
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Thank you so much for the responses - I really hope to make it! However, it is about an 18-hour drive from where I live, so I definitely still have a lot of details to work out!
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Bri
  • Ignorant question: Where is it this year?
  • chonakchonak
    This year the colloquium will be held at Hagerstown, Maryland, at St. Mary's Church and the campus of the Collegium Sanctorum Angelorum.

For information, see musicasacra.com/colloquium .
    Thanked by 1Bri
  • @Chris - St. Mary's in Hagerstown, MD.

The registration page and all accompanying info is available here!
    Thanked by 1Bri
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    This year my choices were go to the Colloquium or go to Seattle to see new grandson (guess which one won?)
  • SalieriSalieri
    This year my choices were go to the Colloquium or go to Seattle to see new grandson (guess which one won?)

The Colloquium, obviously!
    Congratulations, again, to you and your family.
  • matthewjmatthewj

If you want to take an hour ferry across to a peninsula and if I'm in the country at the time, I'm glad to provide a brief chant class for you.
  • LauraKaz
    Sorry about bumping an old thread, but my flight just got moved to arrive at 3:30pm instead of 12:50pm. What with the time to get a rental car and drive to Hagerstown from Baltimore, it looks like I will end up missing the registration and newcomer orientation. Will there be some way for latecomers to get "caught up," so to speak?
  • chonakchonak
    Google estimates that the drive is 1 1/4 hours, so you're likely to arrive before 6, the usual time for dinner. During that, the instructors are introduced, there's a talk by Dr. Mahrt, there's a check of whether the choirs for the various works are reasonably balanced, and if not, there's an appeal for volunteers to switch, and we sing the Veni Creator.
    Thanked by 1LauraKaz
  • Yes, if you arriving after registration is closed for the day, just join us at dinner (info about where to go, etc. will be provided in an email) and pick up your materials first thing on Tuesday morning at the St. Mary's Gymnasium, where the book table will be all week.
    Thanked by 1LauraKaz