My step daughter had a baby!
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    My stepdaughter gave birth to a son on Saturday!
  • Te Deum....
    Congratulations.
    Thanked by 1bhcordova
  • CharlesW
    Beautiful and healthy, I hope.
    Thanked by 1bhcordova
  • Two more hands to help the needy, two more hands to walk with the weary, two more eyes to see God's beauty, two more ears to hear His good news, and most important of all - one more soul to love Him eternally. Blessings on you and your stepdaughter.
    Thanked by 2Carol bhcordova
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    What a joyous event! Congratulations, and prayers for son, mother, father, and your family.
    Thanked by 1bhcordova
  • Congratulations!

Is this your first grandchild?
    Thanked by 1bhcordova
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Yes, Chris, this is my first grandchild! Unfortunately, my stepdaughter and her boyfriend are non-believers.
  • SalieriSalieri
    Congratulations!

Prayers that the sacramental end of things will be worked out in the fullness of time, according to His plan.
  • BHCordova,

We got to see our two grand daughters (sisters) at Christmas, and remember the event with joy. I hope your grand daughter brings some joy into your life, too. Does the new baby have a name you're willing to share?

If you don't mind my asking, which of several "beliefs" do they not have? Do you mean that they're not Catholics, or that they don't believe in marriage or that.... something else entirely?
    Thanked by 1bhcordova
  • Congratulations!
    Te Deum laudamus!
    Thanked by 1bhcordova
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Chris, my stepdaughter, while she has been confirmed in the Methodist church, is 'spiritual but not religious'. She doesn't go to any church services unless she visits her grandmother.

Baby's name is Lysander. Not sure where that came from.
  • Babies name is Lysander. Not sure where that came from.

Midsummer Night's Dream, perchance?
  • tomjaw
    St. Lysander of Carthage c.534
  • [Off Topic: Tom, is it likely that a non-believer took the name of a martyr for her child?]

[Back on topic]

What does the expression "spiritual but not religious" mean to those who use it to describe themselves?
  • tomjaw
    Chris... When people hear Lysander, they may not realise we have at least one saint of that name. Praying to obscure saints may have better results, such as praying for the child to be baptised.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Chris, I think it means they believe in something, but they don't feel a need to worship.
  • I only think of Lysander Spooner. Who is a saint of a different religion.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • Carol
    Thanks, Jeffrey, for providing the impetus to find out who Lysander Spooner was. My guess was that he/she would turn out to be a "celebrity."
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Just got back from Seattle and seeing the new baby!!!!! Got to hold and feed him! My step-daughter is a fan of Shakespeare, so Lysander comes from 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' (I asked).
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    @tomjaw, where can I find information on St. Lysander?
  • Andrew_Malton
    The Greeks don't treat Λύσανδρος as a Saint’s name, and so anyone called that celebrates their namesday on All Saints (the Sunday after Pentecost, June 19 this year).

https://www.eortologio.net/giortes/11