Happy Thanksgiving!
  • I just wanted to extend a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you on the forum. It's been a year full of trials for my family and me, but there are still so many things for which I can be thankful. God bless you all, and I hope today provides some time for rest and relaxation amidst all the family time.

With that said, was there any "special" Mass today at your parish? The local Cathedral treated today pretty much as a Sunday Mass with full music. Here's what was sung:

Processional: Come, Ye Thankful People, Come (ST. GEORGE'S WINDSOR)
    Psalm: Psalm 138 with the antiphon "I will give thanks to your name because of your kindness and your truth" (R. Batastini/J. Gelineau)
    Gospel Acclamation: Alleluia Solennelle (J. Gelineau)
    Hymn at the Preparation: We Praise You, O God (Worship IV's version of 'We Gather Together') (KREMSER)
    Holy, Mystery of Faith, Amen: A Community Mass (R. Proulx)
    Agnus Dei: Mass XVIII
    Communion: Taste and See (R. Kreutz)
    Recessional: America the Beautiful (MATERNA)
  • Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other members of the forum as well.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Carol
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here is my favourite setting of "Nun danket alle Gott" - by Pachelbel, of course!

• Richard MixRichard Mix
    Or happy Green Corn Harvest, as my people say.

St David of Wales, Richmond CA 10:00 AM Mass

We Gather together KREMSER
    MIssa ferialis (Mix)
    Gloria de angelis
    Thou visitest the earth (Greene)
    De Fructu (De tus obras & American Gradual)
    Come ye thankful people, come ST GEORGES' WINDSOR
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • tomjaw
    Our choir rehearsal tonight we are in the U.K., has had for the first time a Thanksgiving meal afterwards. One of our new members is from those United States and is away from home for the first time, so we have had Turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, roast sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips, and a bean and caramelised onion mix, followed by American baked cheese cake, and Tennessee whiskey (bourbon).

For those more interested by music... We have been practicing the O Quam glorious Mass and motet, the Ave Verum, Byrd for next Wednesday and the complete cycle of Issac Propers for the second Sunday of Advent, and the Palestrina Offertory. We are singing a chant Mass next Sunday!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on this forum!