What are your favorite Chord progressions
  • donr
    Fixed.
    Lately I have really liked (i, VIIsus4, i) or (III, VIIsus4, i) Lower case is minor, upper is major for those playing along.

I also like (vi, ii, Isus4, V, I).

Are there any chord progression that you really enjoy singing or playing.
  • Donr,

For the sake of those of us playing along, (IIsus4) may need some explanation. If i = c minor, IIsus4 is D-major with the g from c-minor chord held over (and resolved when?) followed by a return to c-minor?
    Thanked by 1donr
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    (VII, IIsus4, i) doesn't quite seem to make sense to me, as there is no note of VII that can be held over to be the 4 in IIsus4. In any case, it is hard to imagine what the voice leading of the first two chord progressions might be in 4-part harmony. It would be a big help if these were spelled out more fully.
    Thanked by 1donr
  • donr
    I must have been very tired last night. The chord progression I have been drawn to is (i, VIIsus4, i III, VIIsus4, i)
    Example E- D4 E- G D4 E-
  • Everyone loves II-V-I.

Isus+4, I, bVIIsus+4, bVII, bVIsus+4, bVI, bVsus+4, bV, I, holding onto the resolutions into the suspended augmented 4th of the new chord. Really colorful if it's not a true suspension, but an added note.

Spelling the low Bb as an A# might help the singers find it. It would change the analysis, of course.
    2121 x 537 - 160K
    Thanked by 1donr