Propers for Memorial of St Gregory the Great
  • lmassery
    Friends, how can I find the Graduale Romanum propers for St Gregory the Great (Sept 3rd new calendar, I think March 12 old calendar)? I was kinda lost looking through an online graduale. Could someone link them here with a page number please? Thanks
  • a_f_hawkins
    p.597 :
    IN Sacerdotes Dei p447
    GR Iuravit Dominus p486
    AL Spiritus sanctus doebit vos p432
    OF Veritas mea p 483
    CO Fidelis servus ..... p491 with ps 118*
  • lmassery
    Thank you both! Now I have to decide which is correct because they both are different. I found the roman missal antiphons but don’t want to use those. Mr Hawkins, would you please educate me on how you find these answers? Thank you!
  • chonakchonak
    They're listed for Sept. 3 in the Graduale Romanum (1974 ed.), on page 597, as a_f wrote. If you don't have the book, you can download a PDF from the CMAA resources list.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • a_f_hawkins
    I have a copy of the GR(1974), what I did was to find the section Proprium de Sanctis and leaf through it to Sep 3rd. If you have a downloaded copy from the Resources page, it is an indexed pdf so you can jump to Indices > Index alphabeticus celebrationis. That is the surer way, since you are looking for Gregory not hoping you have the right date.
    The CORRECT way is to consult the Ordo Cantus Missae, editio typica altera 1988, of which there is a copy here. That also has an alphabetic index of celebrations near th end - which gives two references - 268 & 449. These are to the numbered items of the OCM, unfortunately there is no clue AFAIK to where these are, although they are in numbered order of course. №268 is on p105 and directs you to GR(1974), №449 is on p164, it tells you that ad libitum you may use the chants from the 1908 GR.
  • lmassery
    Thanks, this helps!