Chabanel Psalms has a new look . . .
  • Nice!
    Jeff, this continues to be spectacularly useful--and artful!
  • CharlesW
    Looking good! :-)
  • Carl DCarl D
    This is a big improvement, and will do a much better job of handling the ever-growing number of contributing composers. And I definitely appreciate the psalm text. Thank you!
  • kevinfkevinf
    Jeff,
    I only wish for one thing in this grand collection. I wish the psalm pericope would be on the singer's copy. I usually write which psalm it is on their copies (as in Ps X).

I really do adore this collection of psalms.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Thanks for all the encouragement! I can tell you that we have big plans and we have only begun!!

By the way, a lovely setting by Aristotle Esguerra has been added the ASSUMPTION page (above). Check it out!
  • JDE
    Jeff,

my parish will be using Chabanel settings this year (or other PD/creative commons settings). Bye bye, OCP! NO more money from us for the Psalms.

Thanks for all the work you have done and continue to do.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I am so honored by this, Yurodivi! Wow !!!

Please know that you can look forward to new improvements every week!

Also, may I please ask: will you be using the congregational sheets the site provides, or do you just paste the JPEG into your Order of Worship?
  • Carl DCarl D
    For our chant Masses, I also use Chabanel exclusively. How I do it changes depending on the need - sometimes I've just printed the PDF straight from the site, other times I've rewritten into square notes. I had one occasion where I simplified part of the verse a little bit myself, based upon a response written by AOZ, IIRC.
  • JDE
    Jeff,

we haven't gotten that far yet. We are still stuck with the OCP Missalettes unfortunately; so I suppose the choices would be either

a) Print out a congregational sheet for the pews every week
    b) Copy and paste .jpegs into order of service
    c) Redo typesetting myself and print a book of them (with all the appropriate copyright notices, of course), or
    d) Because the refrains are so simple and easy to 'catch' at first hearing, do without a printed copy of the Psalms.

a) will be too expensive
    b) won't work because we don't print an order of service anymore -- we have a new OCP hymnal
    c) is a thought, but I would have to ask your permission (and also find out if you already offer a book that we could buy or license)
    and d) is looking mighty attractive, given the challenges involved in a through c.

The next lineup looks like this:

Kyrie: Mass in Honor of Pope St. Felix IV (Low key)
    Gloria: Mass in Honor of St Vincent de Paul (a-moll)
    Gospel Acclamation Ostrowski, In honor of St. Pius X
    Prayers of the Faithful: (haven't chosen this yet)
    Sanctus: Three choices. Mass XV (from St Meinrad Kyriale);
    AOZ's adaptation of the Ambrosian Sanctus;
    or Ostrowski's St. Vincent de Paul Mass.
    Mysterium fidei: Ostrowski - St Anne
    Amen will remain recto tono.
    Agnus Dei: Ostrowski: René Goupil Agnus Dei; OR
    Arlene Oost-Zinner: Ambrosian Agnus Dei (from the packet she prepared for SMC 2008)
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hello, Yurodivi

Just curious: does this help?
  • JDE
    Thanks, Jeff. I had not noticed that link before.

I'll definitely put together booklets now.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Great.

I want to think of a way to make things as easy as possible for folks

Would you be interested in sending me a list of the ones you want to sing, and I can put booklets together for you?

This may be a great option

In Christ, JMO
  • JDE
    Jeff, that would be excellent. I'll narrow down the field and shoot you a list.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    wonderful !

Thanks!

Now I just have to think of a way to let others know of this service