Looking for the antiphon Annuntiaverunt iustitiam eius
  • ARC_Jols
    On the common for the Apostles on the Ordo Cantus Officii (2015), the 3rd antiphon for the Office of Readings says:

"Annuntiaverunt iustitiam eius, et omnes populi viderunt gloriam eius. (TP: Alleluia.) (Ps 96, 6; cf. Officium in festo Assumptionis BMV cum cantu, Typis Polyglottis Vaticana 1952, 19: Caeli annuntiant...)"

I suppose it is asking that the melody of the Antiphon Caeli annuntiant (8th antiphon on Matins for the Feast of the Assumption on the Breviarium Romanum) be adapted to the provided text.

Does anyone have the melody?

Thank you!
    Thanked by 1JonathanKK
  • chonakchonak
    I've checked the (unofficial 2001) Nocturnale Romanum, but did not find it. There was an antiphon with the text, "Adnuntiaverunt opera Dei et facta eius intellexerunt" in the Common of Apostles.
  • JonathanKKJonathanKK
    WorldCat says that there is a copy of the book in Dayton, Ohio. Can someone please get it scanned and put online?
  • chonakchonak
    I'll contact them to ask. It looks like it's in a reserve collection.
    Thanked by 2Chrism JonathanKK
  • chonakchonak
    I heard back, and should receive a scanned copy next week.
  • ARC_Jols
    Thanks, chonak!
  • chonakchonak
    It's not what I was hoping for. The book in Dayton contains the Assumption office without music (published in 1951); it's not the edition "...cum cantu" published in 1952.
    Thanked by 1JonathanKK
  • joerg
    Here's a scan of this page from a library in Regensburg:
  • JonathanKKJonathanKK
    Can you scan the rest? (Though I must admit I have no immediate use for it.)

I have been quite surprised by this thread to discover that this chant for the full office of the feast of the Annunciation is "editio typica", because De Musica Sacra (1958) says in no. 56 that the typical editions published to date are thus and so, but does not include this! So I had never heard of it.

This book is presently very obscure/rare; but typical editions are a primary source and should instead be readily available.
  • ARC_Jols
    God bless you joerg you freaking master
    Thanked by 1igneus