where to buy a 1961 Graduale Romanum
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    All, I have pdf copies of the 1961 Graduale Romanum (and older versions) as well as the Liber.

I'd like to have a physical copy of the ’61 GR. I can buy a new two-volume hardcover edition on Lulu.com for close to $100. Does anyone have thoughts on where to look for a leather-bound used copy? Should I just watch Ebay and used-book sites?

Thanks,
    Mary
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Check some of the older churches in your area. Some may have copies sitting in a basement. You could also try Abe's Books.
    Thanked by 1marymezzo
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    Copies sitting in a basement--good thought! Will also look at Abe's. Thanks!
  • I do not have the particular vintage of GR which you are looking for -

I do, though, have a number of LUs, and would be willing to give two or three of them to anyone who might want or need them. Just pay the postage.
  • I might take you up on that, Chickson. I’m about to get on the plane to return to the seminary, but I’ll send you a message with my mailing address so we can make contact that way.
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    MJO, fantastic--I wouldn't mind having a Liber if it costs only postage. I'll message you privately.
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • To my mild surprise I have now had three requests for copies of my LUs. Just so everyone knows, that is my limit - so there will be no more at this point - perhaps in the future.
    Thanked by 1marymezzo
  • Second thought -
    I have one more extra LU which someone may have if he or she wants it. It is, however, in very poor condition. The binding to the spine is missing and the spine itself is broken. Other than that the book itself is in very good condition. A rebinding would result in a quite nice book for anyone who would like to have it.
    Thanked by 1marymezzo
  • Here you can find a reprint of Liber Usualis, from 1962: https://angeluspress.org/products/liber-usualis
    Thanked by 1marymezzo
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    Thank you, all.
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    I thought of one other place: BNZ Enterprises Catholic Books. I have purchased a few old hymnals from here. So, you might want to bookmark it or check it out.
    Thanked by 3WGS Felicia marymezzo