At Communion or after Mass.... any experiences?
  • My Missal has the chant antiphon Trium puerorum and the psalms Benedicite omnia opera Domini Domino and Laudate Dominum under the heading "Thanksgiving after Mass".

Has anyone ever used these psalms (in either form) at the distribution of Holy Communion after the Propers, or during the recession of the altar party?
  • GIRM #88 has:
    88. When the distribution of Communion is over, if appropriate, the Priest and faithful pray quietly for some time. If desired, a Psalm or other canticle of praise or a hymn may also be sung by the whole congregation.

Trium puerorum, Benedicite omnia opera Domini Domino and Laudate Dominum seem quite appropriate for that.

As to the recession, the GIRM is silent on any music or chants, so the antiphon and psalms you mention are suitable to be sung, especially as an act of thanksgiving after Mass.
    Thanked by 1CCooze
  • GerardH
    I know of at least one community which recites the Trium puerorum and Benedicite about 5 minutes after Mass on weekdays. I don't think Laudate Dominum was included.