GABC question
  • CGM
    anyone know why this gabc code generates "Latin" aligned neum-to-syllables, instead of an "English" (centered) alignment?

I've run it on both the Illuminare and GregorioChant engines, and get the same result.

name: ;
    user-notes: ;
    commentary: ;
    annotation: 5. c;
    centering-scheme: english;
    %fontsize: 12;
    %spacing: vichi;
    %font: OFLSortsMillGoudy;
    %width: 6.5;
    %height: 11;
    %%
    (c3)
    ALL(h') the(h) ends(h') of(h) the(h) earth(i') have(h) seen(h.:) the(h) sav-(h')ing(h) pow’r(f') of(gxg) God.(h.::)

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • veromaryveromary
    The center-scheme I think was an Illuminare thing, but as you found, it doesn't seem to work on their legacy page, but their new page seems to work well with their new thingy: https://editor.sourceandsummit.com/alpha/

I've attached what that new editor produced when I tried it with your code.

Here's the bit on text centering in the gregorio documentation:
    To use these rules you will need to use the \gresetlyriccentering{syllable} or \gresetlyriccentering{firstletter} command, respectively, in your TEX file. \gresetlyriccentering{vowel} will change things back to the default rules.

(pasted from this page)

To use that you would need to have a local install of gregoriotex and TeX, as I understand it.

• CGM
    Ah, thank you! I noticed that the Illuminare page was called "legacy," and I figured that there must be a newer tool somewhere, but I didn't know where to look.
    (Now I see the "we've just launched a new version" banner at the top of the legacy page...)

After playing around with the new tool, I can report that it doesn't export text font choices in PNG, but it does in PDF. FWIW.