The Warnings of Our Dear Most Holy Mary
  • francis
    They are there, but few have heeded the call.

https://www.virgosacrata.com/warnings-from-our-lady.html

...and now we will bear the consequences...
    Thanked by 1sdtalley3
  • Thank you francis,

yes indeed, we must always be reminded to make amends (sacrifice, penance, & acts of charity), not just for ourselves, but others who can't or won't.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    rosary... rosary... rosary... Mass on First Saturday... Confession... Eucharistic Reparation... we are in it now...
    Thanked by 1sdtalley3
  • CharlesW
    I think the church is too hung up on masonry which in the U.S. is rather ineffective and even silly. It seems to me the enemy today is rampant secularism, not masonry.
  • francis
    CharlesW

I think you may be off the mark
  • CharlesW
    I think Masonry was a great danger to the church at one time. That time has passed although I have heard the European lodges are a different matter.
  • francis
    Masonry has graduated from the lodge
    Thanked by 1Jeffrey Quick
  • We are all Freemasons now. Even most Catholic.
    It's amazing how many things we believe and accept that we were never logically convinced of. It's nearly impossible to break free from the liberal Zeitgeist.
  • a_f_hawkins
    Masonry has never been one thing. Mozart, for eample, joined a selectively Catholic lodge. I turned down the invitation to sing Carols at a "Masonic Festival of Nine lessons and Carols" last week at one of our most prominent Anglican churches. ‽ The order of service looked indistinguishable from any other "festival of 9 ..."
  • chonakchonak
    ADMIN NOTE: Please do not promote that web site on the CMAA Forum. Some of the organizations that it claims are supporting "authentic Catholicism" are sedevacantist and therefore schismatic.
    Thanked by 2Liam CharlesW
  • francis
    Ignore the messenger. I was promoting the content NOT the messenger. I never heard of the website before dec 22.

The warnings from the BVM are authentic and can be found in many other sources including books, documentaries, and other “non controversial” websites.

Our Lady of Good Success
    Our Lady of Lasalette
    Our Lady of Fatima

You can also learn more on my own website:

www.silverwingsofthedove.org
  • chonakchonak
    Let's question that LaSalette content too. Some so-called LaSalette messages were never approved by the competent authority. Please document.
  • a_f_hawkins
    chonak, I don't think @francis, or anyone else, can be held responsible for all the rubbish people claim to associate with these apparitions. Whenever there is an authentic message people will seize on it to bolster their own fevered speculations, as the Gnostics did very soon after Christ died. Every website has to be viewed with caution, is it what it claims to be?
  • francis
    I have the official approved text by the bishop in the 1800s of the Lasalette apparitions which was squashed by masonic forces not long there after

Will post soon

UPDATE

(nah... forget it)... I will not argue with you about the BVM, and her clear and precise warnings to earth... If earth will not hear from heaven directly, my simple little voice will mean nothing but laughs and confusion. I will spare you from that.

if you really want to know the truth, each of you will seek it out on your own.

... [26] And besides all this, between us and you, there is fixed a great chaos: so that they who would pass from hence to you, cannot, nor from thence come hither. ... [27] And he said: Then, father, I beseech thee, that thou wouldst send him to my father's house, for I have five brethren, ... [28] That he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torments. ... [29] And Abraham said to him: They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. ... [30] But he said: No, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will do penance.

... [31] And he said to him: If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they believe, if one rise again from the dead.
    Luke 26:26-31

...go listen to my Christmas Thread instead. More good will come to your soul from the beauty of music than from my rantings.

Dear Mother, help us!

https://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/18619/pure-music-instruments-of-perfection-my-very-meager-2020-christmas-gift-to-the-forum#Item_1
  • chonakchonak
    Well, let me provide some information about the controversial La Salette "secrets", from Fr. Manfred Hauke's new English edition of "Introduction to Mariology", which I will shamelessly plug here from time to time, since it is full of sound doctrine and because I translated it.

The big footnote at the end of this passage is the important part:

A Marian apparition took place on September 19, 1846 at La Salette in the French Alps, before two shepherd children: Mélanie and Maximin (illiterate and with almost no religious education at the ages of 14 and 11). The children saw a beautiful lady seated on a rock, her face covered by her hands, as if oppressed by a great suffering. The lady rises and calls to the children: “Come nearer, don't be afraid...!” On her breast they see a large cross (Jesus, covered with blood, in agony) and the instruments of the Passion (hammer, pincers). A few roses form a crown on her head; others are on her shoulders and on her shoes. The lady weeps and says she can no longer stay the arm of her Son; she laments for the fact that Sunday is no longer kept holy; for the many blasphemies that are uttered, and because religion is mocked; we need to pray well morning and evening; and it is important to observe Lent. A spring that beforehand was only seen periodically wells up.

The apparition was recognized as authentic by the local ordinary in 1851. The seers were required to write down (separately) the "secrets" entrusted to them. The pages were sent to Rome, but their content was only published in 2000 (when the relevant archive of the Holy Office was opened to researchers). [*] In the past, the so-called "great secret" revealed by Mélanie in a 1879 publication (with the bishop’s imprimatur), was kept under lock and key by the Congregation. From 1915 to 1966 the circulation of the text published in 1879 was even barred with canonical penalties: suspension for priests and exclusion from the sacraments for lay Catholics.

The recognized part of the La Salette message underscores the importance of prayer and penance in the face of divine justice. In the tradition of La Salette, the Mass formulary on “Mary, Virgin Mother of Reconciliation” was included in the Marian missal of 1986.

[*] cf. M. CORTEVILLE, La grande nouvelle des bergers de la Salette, Paris 2001 (partial publication of a doctoral thesis at the Angelicum, Rome 2000); ID. – R. LAURENTIN, Découverte du secret de la Salette, Paris 2002, 46-49; A. GALLI, Scoperti in Vaticano. I segreti di La Salette, Milano 2007, 55ff. 121 (texts by Maximin and Mélanie.)

The secret written by Maximin indicates great tribulations in the Church and in the world. The faith will undergo a sharp drop, especially in France, but thanks to the conversion of a large country in northern Europe, "now Protestant", the whole world will be converted. There will be a great peace, but only for a brief time, because a monster will arrive to disturb it.

The secret of Mélanie reports more details, among others that if conversions are lacking, there will be terrible punishments, including the destruction of Paris and Marseilles. The Pope will be persecuted and there will be attempts to kill him, but he will triumph. After disorders that shake the world, there will be a new flowering of the Faith, but after some time, the disorder will begin again. The most terrible thing will be unrest between the ministers of God and the religious sisters. The Antichrist will arrive, born of a religious sister. All this would happen within 100 years. For now, we cannot linger on the interpretation of these messages. See the bibliography in LAURENTIN – SBALCHIERO (2007) 511. The most noted historian of La Salette, Jean Stern, missionary of Our Lady of La Salette, reduces the secrets “to pious advice given to Maximin and Mélanie, and expanded by them and attributed to the Virgin later under the influence of unbalanced persons.” (DE FIORES, Dizionario I [2006] 56); cf. J. STERN, La Salette: documents authentiques, 3 vols., Paris 1984-91; ID., La Salette I. Geschichte, in Marienlexikon 4 (1992) 25-27 (26).

The content of those "secrets" does raise some questions.

First, I can understand why the Pope, having suffered the loss of the Papal States in 1870, would have decided not to allow the publication after 1879 of an alleged mystical message about persecution of the Pope and the Church. He probably wanted to handle relations with the secularist Italian government himself, and not release an explosive text that was written several years after the recognized apparitions.

Even apart from political prudence, the caution of the Pope seems to have been justified as a spiritual matter. These prophecies are unfulfilled. A large Protestant country has not converted; nor, alas, the world. And the Antichrist has not shown up on the scene yet, as far as we know.

The Old Testament rule for dealing with unfulfilled prophecies was to execute the false prophets.

My approach is milder: simply to make clear that the CMAA Forum is not a place to promote unapproved mystical messages. I've added an item to the Forum Etiquette Guidelines to record the point.

• to execute the false prophets.

I'm glad that our moderator takes a milder approach.
  • stulte
    to execute the false prophets.

Chonak, please don't kill Francis! His services as an organist are essential.
    Thanked by 2tomjaw marymezzo