Prayers for my husband please
  • I do ask your prayers for the (spiritual, especially) well-being of my husband, as he is not very well at the moment and I am quite concerned for him. His name is Michael.
  • Kathy
    Praying!!
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • francis
    Michael is now included in my rosaries
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • CharlesW
    Prayers.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for Michael and for you, too, Catherine.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • I'll put you and Michael on the prayer list at Walsingham and on my personal daily prayer list.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • Thank you all so much.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Asking the intercession of St. Jude
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • Carol
    Just got back from singing for a funeral at church and I had time before hand to pray for you and your Michael. I also remembered you at the consecration.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • Prayers ascending from here.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • And from here.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • Carol
    Still praying and wondering how you are doing?
  • He's really not well at all. A kind of breakdown, as it were. He is going to lose his father soon, and I think that is freaking him out much more than he is aware of. I've had my 'lost my dad, realized I was going to die too, had a nervous breakdown' moment myself. It was terrible but bore the beautiful fruit of prayer and conversion.

We live overseas and can't travel to see family right now, which is painful. But we are working through it. I think some active charitable work will do more than the psychologist at this point. Helping others who are much worse off is a great way to put ones own agonies in perspective. I'm talking to a friend who is a friar to see if we can't get him out with one of their night programs in the city center.
  • Carol
    Catherine, I am praying the "St. Michael the Archangel" prayer for your husband every time you pop in my mind. This is such a hardship for him and made worse being separated by covid. My 93 year old mother is surely in the last year of her long decline from dementia and it is so hard. I do see her often, but she isn't really there any more. I think you are right that getting the focus on others and their needs is a most important balm for those miseries. I will keep praying for you both. Thank you for the insight into your situation, I find it makes it easier to pray fervently.
  • God repay you, Carol. Prayers for you and your mother, too.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    Dear Catherine,

I have prayed for you often in the ensuing weeks and I will continue to pray for you. I saw my mother on Christmas Day and fed her a Christmas cookie I had made for her, dipped in coffee to soften it so she could eat it. I am not sure she knew it was me. I didn't believe she would be alive as long as this, so I must count it a blessing. I pray that the new year will be better for us all! Blessings to you,
    Carol
  • God bless you.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Many prayers.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • Fiat voluntas tua, Catherine.
    BMP
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • Sweet to hear an update about your mother, Carol.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • ghmus7
    Saying an Ave...
  • CharlesW
    Prayers for all of you.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Thank you. Things have not improved yet, but nor have they worsened... I remain confident that God will make good things from this trial.

A shout-out to our oft-maligned priests for offering excellent support, and to the enthusiastic prayer of so many friends and strangers. God repay you all.
  • I continue to hope and pray that this will turn out well for you and your husband.
    You are on the prayers list at Walsingham.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for your husband, Catherine - and for you.
  • Carol
    Still praying for you and your husband, Catherine.
  • ghmus7
    Offering Ave....
  • I would say he's showing some general improvements, and for that I'm very grateful. Thank you so much for your continued prayers.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen bhcordova
  • thank you for this good news!
  • Carol
    So glad to hear this news. I am continuing to pray for you and your husband.