Responsorial Psalm Collections, Richard Rice
  • Richard R.
    For those of you who might be interested, my Responsorial Psalms are now available download at Lulu.com in four PDF volumes. Each volume includes an appendix with the response melodies for inclusion in worship aids. These are the same psalms available for individual download at the Chabanel site. Please report any errors you spot.
    Thanks for your support.
    Richard Rice
    Thanked by 1marymezzo
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Fantastic !!!
  • incantuincantu
    Richard, I only wish that more composers were following the model that you use, as I am afraid my parish music program will soon be dominated by Rice settings!

Well, one other thing... is it possible for the second half of each verse to be sung SATB, as in the Marier psalms? Parts could be extracted from the organ harmonization, I suppose, or the a capella psalm tone verse could be matched with falsobordone. Either way seems like it will present a challenge for my choir, and perhaps one I don't want to undertake until we begin using the Grail translations at Mass.
  • Richard R.
    If you manage it, it would seem possible. Let me know how that works out.

RR
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Thank you so much, Richard, for taking the time to put all this together. This is a brilliant resource - a great contribution.
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    Is there, by any chance, a DIFFERENT setting of Psalm 51 by you posted on the Chabanel site than there was, say a week ago? If not, I'm going crazy. For real this time.
  • Richard R.
    Um... no, Paix, I haven't changed mine. What are you looking for, exactly, in a Ps 51 setting?
    I had found one that I now can't find. It had two flats and began on and f. I set the refrain in Finale for our bulletin weeks ago but didn't print the full setting. In the attributes I copyrighted it to Richard Rice, and I would have bet my life I had found it on Chanabel. Now I can't find it anywhere.
  • Richard R.
    Maybe you're thinking of my Psalm for the Fifth Sunday of Lent, which is in two flats.
    This is what I had found. Does this look familiar to anyone?
  • Richard R.
    Very curious. It is similar to the attached, which is from a collection of responses I prepared many years ago. It's possible I posted it at some point, in your revised form, but I don't have it in my files now. Then again, the Psalterium monasticum melody could easily have been adapted by somebody else, and I somehow got the credit.
  • incantu: Have you considered introducing Anglican Chant for your desired SATB altenat verses?
  • Richard R.

Have you set the Seasonal Psalms yet? We have your entire collection, but only the proper Pslams for each Mass. Thanks.