Two organ manuals/pedalboard for donation
  • I started taking organ lessons a few years ago and began building a practice instrument using Hauptwerk and 2 manuals/AGO pedalboard/1 swell shoe that I purchased new from Classic MIDI Works in Canada.

Fast forward to 2020 and I have realized I don’t have time to pursue the study of organ. I would like to donate my equipment to a Catholic Religious community or Catholic school that might be able to use it to glorify God.

My set up includes a PC (currently still running Windows XP) and 2 older Planar touch screens. You may want to consider upgrading these components, but they still function and they are part of the package if you wish. I used an AV receiver with 4 surround speakers and a Polk subwoofer. I built the console myself (to AGO specs) but as you can see, I never had time to finish it. I used poplar wood which is very easy to work with, but does not stain evenly. Be advised that this is not professionally finished cabinetry. If you don’t need the console/bench, I’m sure I can repurpose the wood for another project.

I imagine that shipping costs could be very expensive, I am located in southcentral Pennsylvania and would be willing to have you come to my home for pickup, or I could drive it part of the way and meet you somewhere in the middle. The recipient of this equipment should be very familiar with Hauptwerk and computers; as I recall, the setup required extensive knowledge. If you need technical information, I would go to the Classic MIDI Works website www.midiworks.ca - here are the model numbers (although some of the features might have changed, I purchased this equipment in 2012):

2 manuals 15-CMK-3BW-20SP
    AGO pedalboard 13-MPD-AGO32WA
    1 Swell shoe 13-SSM-001

If your organization could benefit from this equipment, please send me a short note describing your organization and projected use.

Dr. Tom Young
    drtayoung@internalmedconsultant.com

Cantare amantis est – St. Augustine