Square Note App is now free
  • We decided to make the Square Note app free. Our roadmap for version 2.0 includes audio recordings of the chants that accompany the scores in the app. These recordings will likely be available via a subscription / in-app purchase model, but the free version will continue to provide melodic playback, and all of the pre v2.0 features of the app.

https://squarenote.co

Enjoy. Blessings, -Fr. Matthew Spencer, osj
  • I've had your app for a good while now, and I must say that it is really excellent. Efforts like these are really breathing new life into the music of the Church.
  • francis
    Hi Father Spencer:

Very nice app! Thank you! I just put it on my phone... I have one question: can you scale the size of the music as us older folks need to have large print?
  • Francis, at least on ios, there are magnifying glass icons at the top to allow adjustment of size.
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    Not to burst anybody's bubble, but this app is not free! Google wants $2.99 for Android. Is this going to change?
  • a_f_hawkins
    If I go to it through Windows, it says "this app is incompatible with all your devices". Windows does know that I have three android devices, one of which has an up to date OS.
    If I go through my Android phone Chrome transfers me to the play store, which says "this app is unavailable in your country" :-(
  • @Don9of11, sorry the 1.9.1 update on Android which makes it free is taking a long time to be approved by Google. Price change to free should be effective in the next couple of days hopefully. But if you send me an email, I'll give you a redemption code so you can get the app for free now: mspencer@osjusa.org

@a_f_hawkins, hmm, sounds like an issue with the app store. Which country are you in? I can try and get it straightened out for you if you want. Send me an email and I'll be happy to try to get it installed for you: mspencer@osjusa.org
    Thanked by 2tomjaw Don9of11
  • @francis As @ServiamScores mentiones, there are zoom in and zoom out buttons on the toolbar over the chant, allowing you to view the chant at a comfortable size.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • francis
    o wow... very cool!!!! (@ServiamScores) i can read the chant (FINALLY) in the choir loft where the light is VERY POOR... and sing the entire Mass!!!!!! (thank you Fr. Matthew Spencer)