Horizontal Episema over Pressus in GABC
  • madorganist
    I encounter this error with the run.gregoriochant.org engraver only in the cadential formula of the mode 5 graduals. I have illustrated four variants here, at the beginning of -los. (Gr. Domine Dominus noster, 9th Sun. after Pentecost)
    1. (h_2hf__) should produce a single episema over the first note and a double episema over the second and third notes together
    2. (h_2h_f_0) should produce a single episema over each of the first two notes and a single episema under the third note
    3. (hh__f_0) should produce a double episema over the first two notes together and a single episema under the third note
    4. (hhf___) should produce a triple episema over the three notes together

Why don't any of these work? Does anybody know a solution other than using another engraver? No. 1 is what I'm trying to achieve.

GABC code:
    %%
    (c3) Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(h_2hf__//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::Z)
    Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(h_2h_f_0//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::Z)
    Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(hh__f_0//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::Z)
    Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(hhf___//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::)
    Thanked by 1Jes
  • chonakchonak
    I tried a newer edition of Gregorio here at home and got this result. I'll look into upgrading the installed version at the website, but I have some other technical work ahead of it (migrating to a server with a new OS edition).
    463 x 368 - 18K
  • madorganist
    @chonak it looks you've updated the website version. I can now get the correct pressus episema layout, but a new problem has popped up. When "crop margins" is selected, the follow error message is generated:
    PDFCROP 1.40, 2020/06/06 - Copyright (c) 2002-2020 by Heiko Oberdiek, Oberdiek Package Support Group.
    !!! Error: Ghostscript exited with error code 127!
  • chonakchonak
    I've updated the website with a new version of Gregorio (v. 5.2.1). If you still see the old version, your browser or your computer is relying on its cache; you may need to close your browser windows and re-open to connect to the new site.
    Thanked by 1Jes
  • madorganist
    Thanks for the quick reply! I restarted my browser and get the same error. I tried in another browser and got a very similar one:
    PDFCROP 1.38, 2012/11/02 - Copyright (c) 2002-2012 by Heiko Oberdiek.
    !!! Error: Ghostscript exited with error code 127!
  • chonakchonak
    fixed.
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • Part 2: When a neographical form with an oriscus is substituted, the same problem with the episema presents itself.

GABC code:
    %%
    (c3) Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(h_2hO_f_//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::Z)
    Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(h_2hO_f_0//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::Z)
    Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(hhO__f_0//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::Z)
    Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(hhOf___//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::)
    1208 x 846 - 26K
  • I figured out the work-around. Posting here in case it might be helpful to others.

%%
    (c3) Coe(f./hvGF_0/hhh_)los.(h_2hO_@f_//gxgf__/gvED_0//f_/gvED_0//fe__hv.hh_hff_//dfe_/fv_//eed.) (::)

1167 x 162 - 10K