Virtual Colloquium Question
  • I'm really interested in participating in the virtual colloquium and excited for being able to do so for the first time since the Pittsburgh Colloquium in 2015. My wife and I have a 4 month old, and the time of the evening sessions are right at the time when we would be having dinner/getting him ready for bed. I can see that I might need to be called away from the sessions or not be able to attend some at all even though they all sound interesting. For those in the planning process or in the know, are the sessions going to be recorded so that attendees can view them at a later date in case they miss them during the scheduled time? Thank you.
    Thanked by 1Jes
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    I'm also curious. I really like the idea of being able to re-watch a session. It helps to reinforce what I learned the first time I watched.
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    We are hoping to record the sessions, pending permission by all the presenters. If we are able to do so, we will allow the presenters a chance to edit the recordings, if needed. Then, these recordings would be made available to registrants and CMAA members over time -- probably a session published every few weeks for awhile. Hope this helps!

And hope you can join us!
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    That would be terrific. I don’t know how hard it would be to pull off ( @chonak? ) but perhaps SOP in the future could be to plan to record sessions and have them available “on-demand” in the future, for a nominal fee. The presenters could be promised a cut of all future fees, too. A library like that would be an amazing accomplishment for CMAA
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • canadashcanadash
    Thank you for this. I also wish to join in but life is a little complex so this option would be fantastic!
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • CharlesW
    I like the idea, since I never have the time to go to a Colloquium. If those sessions were available online to fit my schedule, I could spread them out and "attend" them over time.
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • mmeladirectress

CCWatershed had an article on this, with a link to registration.
    https://www.ccwatershed.org/2020/06/11/virtual-sacred-music-colloquium-2020/

janetgorbitz - how's the signup coming along? :-)
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • CharlesW
    I wondered if we sign up, if the sessions can be viewed more than once. I don't always get everything the first time and sometimes need to watch again.
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
    Our plan is to record all the sessions during the week, so barring any technical problems beyond our control, we should have them available later. We plan to make them available to CMAA members and registrants over time - probably uploading a session every 2-3 weeks or so.

Registrations are going very well. With the compressed registration time period, it is keeping me busy. Hopefully you won't have to wait long to get a confirmation email from me. If you do have any questions, just shoot me an email at programs@musicasacra.com.

We are so grateful to all the faculty, panelists and moderators who are making this possible!

We are also planning a fun evening with a sort of virtual "Follies". Prepare your skit, musical number, composition, etc. and join in!
    Thanked by 1mmeladirectress
    Just to bump this thread again... tomorrow the Virtual Colloquium begins and I have been steadily still receiving registrations all day today. We are over 300 participants from 17 countries (US included) so far.

Janet.
    Thanked by 1G