Seeking old edition of Hurd/Canedo "Mass of Glory"
  • chonakchonak
    Does anyone have an old copy of Hurd and Canedo's "Mass of Glory" they would be willing to part with? That is, a copy published before the ICEL English Mass revision of 2010.

An Episcopal priest wrote to us at CMAA today asking if we had any ideas about where to find a score for that work. He's used it before in a previous church, and would like to sing it again, but can't just buy a new copy from OCP because the current English edition for Catholics no longer matches the Episcopalian liturgical text.

If you happen to have a score you could send him, please send me a message so I can put you in touch.

Also, if you know of services selling used sheet music, please post info on those here in the discussion thread.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I think if he contacts OCP they should still have copies.

If not it’s in the original Spirit and Song accompaniment books.

Also I’m not sure we should be encouraging our Episcopal brethren to forsake their decent music for our old (questionable) music.

That being said this was always a lot of fun to play.
  • Musicguy57
    I tried, not available at OCP. Spirit and Song is in unison, alas. It is fun and fits a need. Hope you find it.
  • They’re perhaps forbidden from giving it out, and/or are restraining themselves from doing so in order to avoid the appearance of tacitly encouraging use of the old translation.
  • oldhymnsoldhymns
    Richard, I have Eucharistic Prayer II (Mass of Glory) Choral/Guitar (Assembly, Priest, SATB Choir, and Guitar) by Ken Canedo and Bob Hurd, OCP, 1991, 1993. 24 pages.

If this is what you are looking for, I will mail it to you.
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • chonakchonak
    Does it include the preface dialogue?
  • oldhymnsoldhymns
    Yes--that's the one I have.
  • chonakchonak
    Thanks for the tips, everyone. A music director has offered to mail a copy to the folks who wanted it.