Prayers Please
  • Carol
    My brother-in-law has been hospitalized with the corona virus. He had been scheduled to leave a rehab facility this week following stroke rehabilitation but on Monday he tested positive for the virus. He was transferred to the hospital yesterday because his blood oxygen level went too low even while on oxygen. Please pray for him and his family who have been through quite a trial these past two months. Thank you all.
  • May St Joseph intercede for him.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for you brother-in-law and his family.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • CharlesW
    Prayers.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • BrockA
    Sending prayers.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • CatherineS
    Prayers!
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • CharlesW
    More prayers. Keep us posted on his condition.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    Rich is holding his own today. So far no ventilator, just oxygen. Thank you for your continued prayers.
  • CatherineS
    If I might ask the same, my husband has been sick for a week, and his 7 days of fever is now joined by a cough. The doctor said at this point he can just stay home, but it's worrisome nonetheless.
  • mmeladirectress
    CatherineS
    My prayers for yr DH and for you.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • CharlesW
    Prayers for Catherine's husband, too.
  • Carol
    Catherine, you both have my prayers. Can he get a corona virus test even just to rule it out?
  • CatherineS
    He had a test yesterday. But there aren't any results posted yet. The doctor said even if it were negative he should still act as if it were positive (self-quarantine and watch his symptoms, etc.), since the tests are unreliable.
    Thanked by 2CharlesW Carol
  • Carol
    My sister-in-law texted a few minutes ago to say that her husband will be having the plasma containing corona virus fighting antibodies from someone who has recovered. This seems to be good news that they are not waiting for anything worse before trying treatment. I will keep you all posted. Thank you for your prayers.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    New and continuing prayers.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Pater. Ave. Gloria.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Drake
    Prayers
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Asking for intercession of St JudeThaddeus
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    Waiting for latest update on my brother-in-law. It seems that the positive results of the plasma can take up to 3 days. Most positive news is that he still doesn't need a ventilator. How is your husband, Catherine?
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen CatherineS
  • CatherineS
    Tonight was the first in 8 that he didn't have a notable fever in the evening. His cough is half and his appetite doubled, so he seems to be recuperating well. Tomorrow he goes to get a blood test and lung scan to be sure there's nothing going on under the radar.

I hope your brother-in-law has a good result from the treatment!
  • Carol
    Catherine, glad to hear your husband is improving! In any case, I will keep praying.
  • Carol
    My sister-in-law just sent me a message that her husband had an uneventful night and the doctor says the latest xray shows the lungs look same as previous xray. Apparently xrays typically take a while to show improvement. No fever for last 12 hours just elevated temp. so things are looking up. Please keep praying for them all, my poor sister-in-law is really frazzled. Faithful but feeling pretty stressed. Thank you all.

Prayers for Catherine's husband. too.
  • BrockA
    Continued prayers for Carol's brother-in-law and Catherine's husband.
    Thanked by 2Carol CatherineS
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers ongoing for Carol's brother-in-law and for Catherine's husband.
    Thanked by 2CatherineS Carol
  • Carol
    God is good! The doctors have started to discuss discharge plans for my brother-in-law! Thank you all for your prayers! I am continuing to pray for all of our intentions with great gratitude!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    That is great news, Carol! Prayers continue, nevertheless.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • mmeladirectress
    what lovely news, Carol. Deo gratias!
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • CatherineS
    I'm glad to hear that, Carol!

My husband showed a bit of pneumonia-like stuff in his lungs when he did the tomography yesterday, but nothing beyond what was expected, and it should clear up on its own. He had no fever at all yesterday or today, though still a bit of cough, but went back to work (at home) nonetheless, which is a good sign that he's feeling much better!

We'll both get an antibody test in a week or so (the doctor assumes I've had it, too, since we have so much contact at home and didn't even realize he was sick at first).

Thank you all so much for your prayers.
    Thanked by 3Carol CHGiffen Elmar
  • mmeladirectress
    CatherineS - more good news! Thanks!
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    Catherine, glad to hear your good news! A different friend of ours had what sounds like a similar case to your husband's case. He took quite a while to really bounce back. Off and on fatigue was an issue for about 2 weeks after the temp. went away. Just FYI.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Look, how lovely!
    Map of Hope.
  • Carol
    My brother-in-law is being released from the hospital today and returning to the rehab facility to continue his physical therapy post stroke. God is good indeed, and once again, thank you all for your prayers.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Great news, Carol!
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    Last post on this discussion. My brother-in-law went home yesterday! This is quite miraculous considering immediately following the stroke he couldn't speak at all or move his right side at all. Between the stroke and the coronavirus infection he suffered a great deal. He has a lot of challenges ahead, but he speaks and can walk with a walker now.
    Thank you to all who prayed for him and for his family! God is so good to us.
  • It's not the original patient, but may I ask prayers of thanksgiving for the safe delivery of my first grand daughter, who was born Tuesday evening?
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Congratulations Chris!!!!! Prayers of thanksgiving being offered.
  • Carol
    Congratulations on such happy news! Prayers for all.
  • Drake
    Best wishes, Chris, and congratulations! Thank you for sharing, that we may rejoice with you. Deo gratias!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Congratulations on joining the grandfather club, Chris! Prayers for your first granddaughter and all your family.
  • CatherineS
    Thanks to God, Carol. Congratulations, Chris!
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • CatherineS
    I ask your prayers for my mother, who needs back surgery next month to fuse some vertebrae and is very afraid; and for a friend's father, who is chronically bedridden due to stroke, went into the ICU for coronavirus last month and came out three weeks later with a terrible, huge, agonizing bedsore, for never having been turned. Feeling sad for both of them and hoping they might come closer to God in these difficult times.

In wonderful news another friend's very elderly dad went into emergency surgery a few days ago for a perforated ulcer, and is now out of the ICU and - God bless him - the first thing he did was ask for (and receive) a priest for Confession.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for your mother and for your friend's father. My wife had total spinal fusion 13 months ago and it was quite successful (two surgeries on April 12 & 15, 2019).
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • CharlesW
    Prayers for all.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • mmeladirectress
    My prayers for your mother FWIW a very dear friend just had similar surgery; 72 yrs old and recovering faster than anyone would believe. & also family friends
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Asking the intercession of St. Jude Thaddeus
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • Carol
    Prayers for your mother and your father's friend.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS
  • Carol
    I was just rereading Catherine's post in order to pray for her intentions and realized it is her FRIEND'S father. Prayers anew!

Also, I pray in thanksgiving because it appears a new medicine prescribed for my 93 year old mother seems to be helping to lessen her new dementia symptoms. These new symptoms were especially distressing to her and to us since she never felt "home" even though she was in the home she has been in for more than 50 years.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Offering prayers of Thanksgiving.

Also, asking prayers for my step-daughter's husband who was laid off earlier this week.
  • CharlesW
    Prayers continue.
  • CatherineS
    Come, Holy Spirit
  • Different prayer request:

The city of Santa Clara (California) has just decreed a curfew from 8:30 pm. until 5 am, until further notice. The ostensible reason is that there have been violent protests in the neighboring city of San Jose.

Please pray for all those in public office, that they might be led by right reason and enlightened by faith to perform their duties in accord with Divine Law.

Please pray for all those who may no longer be stocking shelves, and those who will no longer be finding those shelves stocked. I haven't seen the text of the order, but a curfew should preclude people being at work.

Please pray for the tired, frustrated men, women and children of this town who have been peaceful and are, yet again, being treated as if they are guilty.

Please pray for the police who are being given the unpleasant task of enforcing this curfew.

Please pray for our clergy.

Since so many public officials in this part of the world are nominal Catholics (the governor, the speaker of the House, at least one of our senators, to name just the best known) please pray for all lapsed Catholics so that they might be given the grace to return to the practice of the faith.
    Thanked by 2Carol CatherineS