A help when we cannot receive the Blessed Sacrament: a chaplet approved by Pope St. Pius X
  • Dear All:

I haven't been here in months and am so pressed for time making my online life work, I cannot yield to the temptation to go back and see what you all have been up to. I am sure I would find lots to ponder.

I am also sure that you all have seen the various historical references to times when public Masses were suppressed for health reasons. I was looking at my smallish (15?) collection of chaplets and rosaries, sadly neglected, and realized that I had one for this sad occasion: The Chaplet of the Blessed Sacrament, approved by Pope St. Pius X. You can read about it here:
    https://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/prayers/view.cfm?id=1193

And here's a picture of mine.

I haven't seen anyone mention it, and when I have posted it on Catholic twitter, no one said anything, but here it is for your comfort and aid.

And by all means, if you were unable to watch the Extraordinary Blessing today, please so watch it. It was really wonderful.

Blessings to all in this difficult time.

Kenneth
  • RCS333
    That’s great - thank you!
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    I love that chaplet.
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Thank you.
    Here's a link with some more information for Spiritual Communion: https://www.virgosacrata.com/spiritual-communion.html?amp

Growing up, we always added the "O Jesus, I turn toward the Holy tabernacle... + Lord, I am not worthy..." prayer to the end of our Rosary. I didn't even realize, back then, that it was a prayer specifically for such an action.
  • That’s great how about a help when you cannot receive income.
    Thanked by 2CharlesW cesarfranck
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Prayer is always helpful.
    I'm sure googling "patron saint of job-seekers" would fine something interesting.
    Thanked by 1cesarfranck
  • I’ve got plenty of jobs JUST NO WHERE TO PERFORM THEM
    Thanked by 1cesarfranck
  • CCoozeCCooze
    I hear a lot of grocery stores are hiring temporary help..?
    I don't know what to tell you. Most, if not all, of us here are musicians. We are all impacted in one way or another. Sometimes we have to make do, and find something else to do in hard times.
    Thanked by 1cesarfranck
  • A side note to amindthatsuits' picture of his Blessed Sacrament chaplet: these were often made with Job's tears beads to signify the pain of longing to receive the Sacrament but being unable to do so. Mine is that type. (One of my other endeavors is creating wire-wrapped rosaries out of vintage and antique parts. Picture of Job's tears: https://i1.wp.com/flowerofcarmelrosaries.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/8-11mm-Jobs-tears.jpg)
  • Grocery work is for the young and healthy. We old people with chronic heart and pancreatic conditions will simply fade away.
  • CharlesW
    I am concerned about musicians who have families and need income. I am fine and need nothing, thanks be to God. I realize this is a trial for many. Prayers for a speedy end to this plague - that's exactly what it is.
    Thanked by 2CCooze cesarfranck