Ordinariates Devotional Books -
  • These are two books that came out, one in 2018 and the other last year. Some of our interested Forum members may be interested in acquiring them if they haven't already. They are published by the three Ordinariates of Our Lady of Walisingham (England, UK), Our Lady of the Southern Cross (Australia), and The Chair of St Peter (US and Canada), and the Anglicanorum Coetibus Society.

1. St Gregory's Prayer Book: a Primer of Catholic Devotions from the English Patrimony, Ed., Clinton A Brand, KSG (Ignatius Press, 2019)

In addition to the text of the Ordinariate Use for mass, this book contains a wide range of devotions, the collects for Sundays and Solemnities, devotions for the days of the week, the hours of the day, and confession, selections from the Coverdale psalter, eucharistic devotions, devotions to our Lady, the Persons of the Trinity, numerous prayers for various occasions, and much else, all taken from the rich treasury of prayer from the historical English patrimony.

2, The CTS Divine Worship Sunday Missal (People's Edtition) , (Catholic Truth Society, 2018)

The complete text of Divine Worship:The Missal. The complete three year lectionary and collects for Sundays and Solemnities, the Ordinariates' kalendar, the propers - introit, gradual, alleluya or tract, offertory, and communion. The psalm of the day, set responsorially, is given as an option to the gradual.

Both books are beautifully bound in faux leather with gold stamping, and are roughly US$25 each.

These books are ideal for those friends of the Ordinariates who would wish to avail themselves of Old Church English in their private prayer lives.
  • bangerman
    I love the compact size and pleasant weight of the CTS missal. Many parishioners at Our Lady of the Atonement have purchased their own copies and bring them to mass.
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • SalieriSalieri
    I have the Customary and the CTS Missal, both are a wonder to behold. It's a shame that the big Cat-holic publishers can't seem to get typography and layout right. (St Gregory Prayer Book is on my want list.)
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn