Staircase Fugue : for Whatever : by Koerber (...just because you can)
  • francis
    well, sometimes you have to do something a little out of ordinary from time to time in the face of such difficult times that we live in... and, because you have Sibelius on your computer, you do this... just because you can.

http://www.myopus.com/preview/staircaseFugue_720.mp4
  • Love it!!
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    Holy cow... I forgot to write in the oboe part... perhaps will upgrade files and post later.
  • My brain on anxiety during Triduum.
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    It reminds me of something I might hear in an old Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck cartoon. If they ever bring back Saturday morning cartoons, you could have a promising career.
  • francis
    Don

My kids always told me I should write music for video games. Having had six or so careers, I am trying to just focus solely on sacred music here to the end if God wills it. But these little rabbit hole comps are always fun and a short escape from reality. Btw... Are you part of the collective?
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    francis

You mean the TNG collective?
  • francis
    9 of 11 sounds like borg. what is TNG?
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Effervescent! Please do upgrade with the missing oboe part ... I'd like to share it with some excellent woodwind players.
  • francis
    i forgot to mention the theory behind this piece.

chromatics ascending and descending. when the music descends the subject is reintroduced in retrograde rhythms and basic inversion of melodic contour. this is not true use (mathematical) of typical retrograde and inversion, but an artistic variant on the concept.

I finished the quartet rendition. Will post next.

(CHG... that would be fun and exciting... pm me and we can collaborate.)
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    francis,

TNG = The Next Generation (Star Trek)

Don9of11 is a play on the Borg designations but it also indicates that I am 9th in the order of my siblings.
  • francis
    Here is fugue for quartet

http://myopus.com/preview/staircasefugueQuartet.mp4

(some of the enharmonic spellings and other details need fine tuning)