Is this already "made up" somewhere?
  • I'm hoping to have sung Vespers at my house (does anyone else do this?) on two upcoming festivals: 2nd Vespers for the Feast of the Chair of Peter at Antioch and 2nd Vespers for the Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas, with the commemoration of 2nd Lent ---St. Thomas is both the patron of our school and the ICRSS.

Albert Bloomfield has been very generous in the past in helping with this sort of thing, and I'm very grateful to him for that help. (If you don't know his site, it's here: https://asbloomf.github.io/gabc-chants/) These are two he doesn't have yet, and so I'm wondering if anyone else already has them, in beautiful, easy to read format. (My cut-and-paste jobs will do in a pinch, but if there's an alternative, so much the better.)
  • bump, for lack of response
  • francis
    are you just looking for the text?
  • Francis,

I can cut and paste everything (text, melody) from my Liber, but I'm hoping to find it set out in a clearly legible, beautiful format.
  • Chris -
    I'm very happy that you will be honouring the Chair of St Peter. As you might well know, it will be celebrated with great solemnity in the Ordinariate (in which it is a solemnity). At Walsingham we will likely have a solemn Te Deum right after the blessing at high mass. I suppose that you could do likewise if you had a mind to.
  • (does anyone else do this?)

I used to do this all the time. And I'd drag my friends along to do it. I earned my 'eccentric bachelor' persona with pride.

Out of curiosity - what sort of arrangement do you do in your house for Vespers? Settign up extra chairs in living room? Psalms separated by voices? etc.
    Thanked by 1veromary