RIP Fr. Valentine Young, OFM
  • Fr Valentine, extraordinary priest, organist, friend of the Latin Mass and of sacred music, whose generous ministry touched so many the world over, has died this morning at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati.

He was 88 years old.

In your charity, please pray for him.
  • This was a priest who gave very generously of his energy and time. He was still saying Mass regularly, assisting Sacred Heart and Old St. Mary's - as well as his regular Mass commitments - a week before he passed away.

He was often celebrant for those extra ceremonies - like Tenebrae - when we struggled finding another celebrant. He will certainly be missed.

Requiescat in Pace.
  • Though I had limited interactions with him I knew of his great dedication to the Latin Mass communities in the Cincinnati area. He will be missed.
  • CharlesW
    May his memory be eternal.
    Thanked by 1Incardination
  • I would always find myself hearing his Masses at Old Saint Mary's during my visits to Cincinnati over the last few years. Although I never got to meet him, this news hit me hard. His dedication to offering the Latin Mass, even to his old age, left a deep impression on me which will never leave.
  • One week anniversary Requiem (Solemn High Jan. 30th, 2020 at Old St. Mary's, Cincinnati)

PRE
    • Salve Regina (Solemn tone w/ drone)

MASS
    • Introit and the Ordinary - Requiem a 4 (Victoria)
    • remainder of Propers (chant)
    • Offertory motet - Petre Ego Pro Te Rogavi (Guerrero)
    • Communion motets
    • --- Miseremini (Anon)
    • --- Bonus Est (Palestrina)
    • --- Peccantem Me (Morales)

• Ultima in Mortis Hora (local Franciscans)
    • Absolution
    • In Paradisum

One month anniversary Requiem (Solemn High Feb. 24th, 2020 at Sacred Heart, Cincinnati)

PRE
    • Salve Regina (Solemn tone w/ drone)
    • Help Lord, the Souls
    • Ye Souls of the Faithful

MASS
    • Propers and Ordinary (chant)
    • Offertory motet - Miseremini (Anon)
    • Communion motets
    • --- Te Ioseph Celebrent (chant)
    • --- Bonus Est (Palestrina)

• In Paradisum

Requiescat in Pace