Communio De fructu Español for Thanksgiving
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Here's part of what I'm planning for Thursday week's morning bilingual Mass; suggestions welcome.
    name: De fructu;
    user-notes: Thanksgiving Day;
    commentary: Salmo 104:13,14,15;
    annotation: Comm vi;
    centering-scheme: latin;
    %fontsize: 12;
    %spacing: vichi;
    %font: OFLSortsMillGoudy;
    %width: 5;
    %height: 11;
    %%
    (c4)
    Del(f) fru(gh)to(h) de(h) tus(gf) o(g)bras,(f) Se(f)ñor,(f.e.) (,) se(f) sa(ghg)cia(hg) la(fe) tier(fgwhgh)ra:(g.f.) (:)
    Sa(f)can(ghh)do el(f) pan(g) de(f) la(e) tier(fg)ra,(f.) (;) Y el(fg~) vi(ixihi)no(g) que a(h)le(jhhgh)gra el(f) co(f)ra(e)zón(defvED) del(e) hom(ee)bre:(d.) (:)
    pa(f)ra(fgh) que ha(h)ga(ixjhi) bril(ghGFg)lar(g.f.) (,) con(fg) a(f)cei(fd)te(f) su(ef) ro(defED)stro,(e.d.) (;)
    Y el(ec~) pan(def) que(gf) su(g)ten(fe)ta el(f) co(ixgihiGF)ra(ef)zón.(f.) (::Z)
    Al(fg) Se(gf)ñor(gh) can(h)ta(h)re(g) en(ixi) mi(h) vi(g)da:(f.) (:)
    a(f) mi(gh) Dios(hj) sal(g)me(f)a(f)ré(f) mien(g)tras(fd) vi(f)vie(g)re.(f.) (::)
  • chonakchonak
    Wherever a neume ends with two dots, you can code the two dots together to get them placed together: e.g., change (g.f.) to (gf..)

The double l in "brillar" probably shouldn't be split.

I also added some braces to position notes over specific vowels: e.g., the second vowel in an elision; and I hyphenated and split some words for clarity.

%%
    (c4)
    Del(f) fru(gh)to(h) de(h) tus(gf) o(g)bras,(f) Se(f)ñor,(fe..) (,) se(f) sa(ghg)ci{a}(hg) la(fe) ti{e}r(fgwhgh)ra:(gf..) (:)
    Sa(f)can(ghh)d{o e}l(f) pan(g) de(f) la(e) ti{e}r(fg)ra,(f.) (;) Y {e}l(fg~) vi(ixihi)no(g) que a(h)le-(jhhgh) gra {e}l(f) co(f)ra(e)zón(defvED) del(e) hom(ee)bre:(d.) (:)
    pa(f)ra(fgh) {que ha}-(h) ga(ixjhi) bri(ghGFg)llar(gf..) (,) con(fg) a(f)cei(fd)te(f) su(ef) ro(defED)stro,(ed..) (;)
    Y {el}(ec~) pan(def) que(gf) su(g)ten(fe){ta e}l(f) co(ixgihiGF)ra(ef)zón.(f.) (::)
    <i>V.</i> {Al}(fg) Se(gf)ñor(gh) can(h)ta(h)re(g) en(ixi) mi(h) vi(g)da:(f.) (:)
    a(f) mi(gh) Di{o}s(hj) sal(g)me(f)a(f)ré(f) mi{e}n(g)tras(fd) vi(f)vi{e}(g)re.(f.) (::)
    Thanked by 1Richard Mix
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Thanks, the braces certainly clarify things! I wondered about the double ll which one splits in French, but I see you're quite right about Spanish hyphenation. It looks like ros-tro is divided differently form my version too. So, with 2 more tweaks:
    %font: 12;
    %%
    (c4)
    Del(f) fru(gh)to(h) de(h) tus(gf) o(g)bras,(f) Se(f)ñor,(fe..) (,) se(f) sa(ghg)ci{a}(hg) la(fe) ti{e}r(fgwhgh)ra:(gf..) (:)
    Sa(f)can(ghw)do(h) el(f) pan(g) de(f) la(e) ti{e}r(fg)ra,(f.) (;) Y {e}l(fg~) vi(ixihi)no(g) que a(h)le-(jhhgh) gra {e}l(f) co(f)ra(e)zón(defvED) del(e) hom(ee)bre:(d.) (:)
    pa(f)ra(fgh) {que ha}-(h) ga(ixjhi) bri(ghGFg)llar(gf..) (,) con(fg) a(f)cei(fd)te(f) su(ef) ros(defED)tro,(ed..) (;)
    Y {el}(ec~) pan(def) que(gf) su(g)ten(fe){ta e}l(f) co(ixgihiGF)ra(ef)zón.(f.) (::)
    V. {Al}(fg) Se(gf)ñor(gh) can(h)ta(h)re(g) en(ixi) mi(h) vi(g)da:(f.) (:)
    a(f) mi(gh) Di{o}s(hj) sal(g)me{a}(f)ré(f) mi{e}n(g)tras(fd) vi(f)vi{e}(g)re.(f.) (::)
  • chonakchonak
    I can't claim to have been right about Spanish hyphenation, since I wasn't trying to apply standard rules: just hyphenating according to phonetics for the ease of singers; so I should have proposed ro-stro.
    Thanked by 1Richard Mix
  • ronkrisman
    Richard, a few editing issues. Chonak made reference to the doubled "l" in the text ("brillar"), which you have corrected. The same applies to the "rr." Both "ll" and "rr" are included in the Spanish alphabet. They are not doublings of single "l" and "r," respectively. As such, according to the rules for hyphenation, "ll" and "rr" stay together at the beginning of a syllable: "bri-llar" and "tie-rra," the latter twice in the text.

The hyphenation of "ros-tro" also needed to be corrected, which you did in your revised setting.

I think that the four or five elisions in the text need to be indicated with an elision mark. Also, I do not think that "que haga" should be elided. "h," although silent, is still a consonant, not a vowel.

I have not addressed musical issues in your setting, such as neums on unstressed, rather than stressed, syllables (e.g., "para"), a neum on the "o'" of "obras," instead of "tus," and a neum on the final syllable of "viviré" (perhaps FA SOL SOL-FA?).
    Thanked by 2chonak Richard Mix
  • chonakchonak
    viviré

Thanks; I was wondering about that: so "viviere" is a typo.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Thanks! I think now we have:
    %%
    (c4)
    Del(f) fru(gh)to(h) de(h) tus(g) o(fg)bras,(f) Se(f)ñor,(fe..) (,) se(f) sa(ghg)ci{a}(hg) la(fe) ti{e}(fgwhgh)rra:(gf..) (:)
    Sa(f)can(ghw)do(h) el(f) pan(g) de(f) la(e) ti{e}(fg)rra,(f.) (;) Y {e}l(fg~) vi(ixihi)no(g) que a(h)le-(jhhgh) gra {e}l(f) co(f)ra(e)zón(defvED) del(e) hom(ee)bre:(d.) (:)
    pa(fg)ra(h) que(h) ha(h) ga(ixjhi) bri(ghGFg)llar(gf..) (,) con(fg) a(f)cei(fd)te(f) su(ef) ros(defED)tro,(ed..) (;)
    a(f) mi(gh) Di{o}s(hj) sal(g)me{a}(f)ré(f) mi{e}n(g)tras(fd) vi(f)vi(g)re.(gf..) (::)

• chonakchonak
    Richard, that "viviré" probably needs an accent mark, as in "salmearé".

Also, the "ha-ga" should be hyphenated, since it's one word.

I've added support on run.gregoriochant.org for the undertie character to represent enlace; however, it only works with one font on the server so far, Doulos, since the other fonts don't include the character. Note: Doulos only appears in regular style, so italic and bold headings are not supported.

%%
    (c4)
    Del(f) fru(gh)to(h) de(h) tus(g) o(fg)bras,(f) Se(f)ñor,(fe..) (,) se(f) sa(ghg)ci{a}(hg) la(fe) ti{e}(fgwhgh)rra:(gf..) (:)
    Sa(f)can(ghw)do(h) el(f) pan(g) de(f) la(e) ti{e}(fg)rra,(f.) (;) Y<v>\undertie</v>{e}l(fg~) vi(ixihi)no(g) que<v>\undertie</v>{a}(h)le-(jhhgh) gra<v>\undertie</v>{e}l(f) co(f)ra(e)zón(defvED) del(e) hom(ee)bre:(d.) (:)
    pa(fg)ra(h) que(h) ha(h)ga(ixjhi) bri(ghGFg)llar(gf..) (,) con(fg) a(f)cei(fd)te(f) su(ef) ros(defED)tro,(ed..) (;)
    Y<v>\undertie</v>{el}(ec~) pan(def) que(gf) su(g)ten(fe)ta<v>\undertie</v>{e}l(f) co(ixgihiGF)ra(ef)zón.(f.) (::)
    a(f) mi(gh) Di{o}s(hj) sal(g)me{a}(f)ré(f) mi{e}n(g)tras(fd) vi(f)vi(g)ré.(gf..) (::)
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Good catches; something went amiss too with sa(f)can(gh~)do(h).
  • ronkrisman
    Picky, but it's "cantaré" (with accent).
  • chonakchonak
    Modified "sacando", "cantaré", "rostro".
    Introduced verse with a "versicle" marker.

%%
    (c4)
    Sa(f)can(gh)do<v>\undertie</v>{e}l(f) pan(g) de(f) la(e) ti{e}(fg)rra,(f.) (;) Y<v>\undertie</v>{e}l(fg~) vi(ixihi)no(g) que<v>\undertie</v>{a}(h)le(jhhgh)gr{a<v>{\undertie}</v>e}l(f) co(f)ra(e)zón(defvED) del(e) hom(ee)bre:(d.) (:)
    pa(fg)ra(h) que(h) ha(h)ga(ixjhi) bri(ghGFg)llar(gf..) (,) con(fg) a(f)cei(fd)te(f) su(ef) ro(defED)stro,(ed..) (;)
    Y<v>\undertie</v>{el}(ec~) pan(def) que(gf) su(g)ten(fe)ta<v>\undertie</v>{e}l(f) co(ixgihiGF)ra(ef)zón.(f.) (::)
    <v>\Vbar</v>. {Al}(fg) Se(gf)ñor(gh) can(h)ta(h)ré(g) en(ixi) mi(h) vi(g)da:(f.) (:)
    a(f) mi(gh) Di{o}s(hj) sal(g)me{a}(f)ré(f) mi{e}n(g)tras(fd) vi(f)vi(g)ré.(gf..) (::)