sheet music for Catholic Latin Classics
  • LisaMH
    A choir member is requesting I find music for a couple of pieces on The Cathedral Singers' Catholic Latin Classics but I can not find them on CPDL - I have no budget and donate all the printing I do. Does anyone know of a source?

Tantum Ergo - Anonymous, Austrian 18th Century
    Adoro Te, O Panis - Johann Michael Haydn
  • Heath
    If I recall, nearly all of the pieces on those CDs are published in editions by GIA. Check giamusic.com.
  • G
    I don't know the CD, so could you post the first few notes of the anonymous "Tantum ergo?"
    I'll look for a PD edition of the Haydn when I got over to church later today.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • LisaMH
    G,

A little belatedly I checked the St. Gregory Hymnal and it isn't there. Here is the Tantum Ergo. Thanks for your help. The piece is quite delightful.
  • Donnaswan
    Adoro Te GIA G-4058

Donna
  • LisaMH
    Thank you, Donna.

Further research shows that the original Adoro Te piece edited by Proulx comes from the Salzburg Diocesan Hymnal 1790 edited by Haydn. The German title for this hymnal is: Der Heilige Gesang zum Gottesdienste in der römische-katholichen Kirche. Does anyone know if this hymnal is perhaps archived online and available for download?