Sung weekday liturgies in New York City
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I will be in NYC 10/14-10/17 (Monday-Friday)

Does anyone know of sung liturgies (Roman, Eastern, or Anglican)
    (or choral / sacred music concerts) during the week?
  • St Patrick Cathedral has efficiently sung daily Masses.

Who knows? My aunt may be cantoring.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • SalieriSalieri
    There's St. Thomas, Fifth Ave---Who just lost their DM to take the reins at King's, Cambridge.

Also Trinity, Wall Street.

You should also have a look at St. Vincent Ferrer: The Choir Stalls alone are worth it.
  • The Rossini Petite Messe Solennelle is being performed at St. Ignatius Loyola on the evening of Thursday the 17th.
    https://ignatius.nyc/cs-event/rossini-petite-messe-solennelle/
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • I would be at Choral Evensong at St Thomas', Fifth Avenue, at 5.30pm on October 15, 16, and 17. (Tue, Wed, Thu). Wouldn't miss it.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • toddevoss
    I second the recommendation of weekday morning prayer at 7:30 am or Office of Readings /Vespers at St. Vincent Ferrer at 5:30 pm. Beautiful church. Here is a description of the service: "On weekdays, the Dominican Friars offer these two Offices in the Friars’ Chapel; the faithful who would like to listen or participate quietly gather in the pews outside the Chapel." Every weekday. Maybe an evensong at St. Thomas per above and a Vespers at St. Vincent Ferrer on another day.

Finally, if you aren't flying home Friday evening, the Sacred Heart Devotion at 6 pm in the Mary Chapel at St. Patrick's Cathedral is wonderful. Small chapel packed with devout folks who know this devotion very well. Sung O Salutaris , Sung Tantum Ergo, & Sung Holy God We Praise Thy Name.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Evensong at St. Thomas was stunning.
  • toddevoss
    Adam Wood - yes it is.