Anyone have a Roland C230 they want to sell?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I'm very interested in buying your instrument. Contact me!
  • Lotsa luck!
    I have a C180 and love it.
  • francis
    Roland... the best simulacrum available... will be difficult to have anyone part with one.
  • I just placed one in a new home out in Wyoming. Another one may be coming available, I have been told. Email me at noel@frogmusic.com if you would like notice if it does show up.
  • BruceL
    I'm bumping this...if anyone has any of these similar Rolands, let me know. My kids' school is buying something (they have Mass in the gym, etc.), but will pitch in to buy one of these if any of you are willing to part...no luck on the various other internet places.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Get out of here Ludwick... if one becomes available it should come to me due to the I Posted This First rule.
    Thanked by 1BruceL
  • Matthew,

Is that the same rule which is so memorably recited by a certain kind of cretinous child: "Finders keepers; losers, weepers"?
  • WGS
    I think the winner would be the one who uses the most upper case letters and thus (SHOUTS) the loudest.
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Nah, I'm pretty sure the winner is the one who chants RECTO TONO the most. Alas, that is MJM. Ludwick seems to be out of luck.
  • francis
    nah nah na nah nah!!
  • Irish Tenor,

The recto tono winner, surely, is the occasionally-read Adam Wood.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    I refuse to read Adam Wood, not even occasionally.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • francis
    I want a C330 for my home
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Me too.

Why have these been discontinued? There is nothing comparable on the market. It would also be nice to have a decent sounding organ flute tone in an inexpensive portable unit rather than having 100's of useless sounds.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    I'd love to ask the same question! There are plenty of parishes whose musical situation might be improved by the addition of one of these relatively-inexpensive, pretty nice sounding Rolands. They may not be a Pasi, Noack, or Casavant, but it's a whole lot better than nothing!
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • BruceL
    I thought this was a safe place.... :( :( :( :(

It's really sad that they don't make these. They are an incredibly random keyboard, but can work really well when you need a portable instrument.

@Matthewj, I thought you guys had already gotten one (or a couple)?
  • What sort of price would these go for now? (UK price if possible, but general guide would be good.) Thanks in advance.