Gregorian Alleluias (EF)
  • In 2013 there was a thread about compiling a list of all the Alleluias used in the Mass throughout the year

I bumped it, but too late I realized that the title specifies "OF"

Just in case any such table in digital format has been compiled since discussed in 2013, I hope it can be shared on this forum.
    A list of the Alleluias that follow the Graduals, throughout most of the liturgical year ("EF").

thank you!
  • a_f_hawkins
    I think that the Regensburg Graduale Synopticon can probably give you this, here.
    Thanked by 1mmeladirectress
  • Take for example V Sunday after Pentecost

Gradual: Convertere Domine
    Alleluia
    Verse: In te Domine speravi

That's an example of the Alleluias I am looking for.
    I went to the Regensburg Graduale site and looked up the verse, In te Domine Speravi, and the alleluia shown there is not what's in the Liber. Thanks for your help, af hawkins, I appreciate it! But I think I'm giving up.
  • a_f_hawkins
    I agree that this is not exactly as it appears in LU (801) 1962, there are some (several) differences but a basic similarity. I am untutored in Gregorian paleography, so cannot judge between them. Incidentally I find this site difficult to navigate as I never learnt German, it took me some time to realise that clicking on the image gives me the whole setting. It is also confusing that some resources, such as the Global Chant Database index this as Pentecost V while LU has it as Pentecost VI.
  • SalieriSalieri
    I'm going to see if I still have my OF list. The contents of the OF Graduale and the Liber are the same, just shuffled around a bit.
  • a_f_hawkins
    Perhaps someone more knowledgable can comment - Is Regensburg the Graduale Novum? and how different is it?
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    No, de website Graduale Synopticum of the Regensburg University is a synoptic database, showing the various manuscript versions of the proper chants of Mass next to each other (hence synoptic). They are presented both with scans of the adiastematic neumes as well as a transcription in quadratic notation.

As explained on the website, the synoptic database can be used to compare manuscripts and get insight in textual and melodic variations through time and space.

The Graduale Novum, on the other hand, is the result of years of research (published in the journal Beiträge zur Gregorianik), showing just one version of each chant, together with the neumes from the handwriting the interpretation is based on. But there are other newly published interpretations as well, notably by Alberto Turco and Anton Stingl, which differ slightly among each other.

A synoptic database like the Graduale Synopticum may be helpful to judge the differences in interpretation between these new critical editions.
    Thanked by 2tomjaw a_f_hawkins