Prayers, please
  • My 92 year old father died this morning.
    Please pray for the repose of his soul.
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    I'm sorry to hear this. I will pray for him and your family in my evening prayer. Perhaps these words will bring some comfort to you. "Mother of Christ, help our absent loved ones, how we miss their presence here, may the hand of thy protection, guide and guard them far and near. And when this life is o'er, stand thou on the shore and show Him at last to me."
  • mmeladirectress
    Chris - yes. Prayers for him, for you and family.
  • Requiescat in pace. Prayers for the repose of his soul.
  • CharlesW
    May his memory be eternal.
  • CatherineS
    May he rest in peace, and may you and your family be comforted.
  • SalieriSalieri
    Requiem aeternam dona ei Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen. Anima ejus, et animae fidelium defunctorum per misericordiam Dei requiescant in pace. Amen.
  • cesarfranck
    Prayers in Christ's Name for all who loved your grandfather. Sincerely, David
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Requiescat in pace.
  • Thank you one and all.

Cesarfrank,

Thank you for making me younger than I am. My dad would have turned 93 in just a few weeks, but I'm still his 51 yr old son.
  • Chris -
    I will put you and your father, and your family on the prayer list at Walsingham.
    Pax vobiscum.
    Thanked by 1Incardination
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    CGZ - what is your Father's name, if I may ask? I'm going to have a Requiem Mass said for him, sung if possible. (If you're not comfortable with saying it here, please send me a PM.)
  • Liam
    Memory eternal, and all the graces and comforts to you and his loved ones.

• ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    Requiescat in pace.
  • JonathanLCJonathanLC
    Requiescat in pace +JMJ+
  • RIP. I ll pray for him and you
  • Thank you to all who are praying for us, and for the repose of my father's soul.

His name is Charles Garton (the -Zavesky part is the result of marrying the oldest of 8 girls)

It has been an especially weird three weeks or so:

My eldest son married his college sweetheart on the Feast of Ss. Peter and Paul.
    My dad died less than a week later.

This past Sunday I've received congratulations and condolences all in the same greeting.