RE: Old St. Patrick DM position advertised above
  • jabv
    I am a frequent cantor and chair of the parish council. I would be happy to discuss the position and offer more perspective. Please feel free to send me a private message to start a conversation.

(I am making this post with Fr. Wasilewski's approval.)
    Thanked by 1chonak
  • jabv
    This position is listed again, and I'd like to clarify that it's not because the position was filled and re-opened -- it's simply still open. Again, please feel free to contact me regarding questions about music at the parish. Questions about the job (hours, relationship with pastor, pay, etc.) are better suited for Father Wasilewski.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    As a musician formerly from the Detroit area, I know of your parish and admire what you are trying to do. I understand the difficulties a parish such as yours faces - but as long as your position is part time, you will be stuck with many difficulties and far less applicants than if it were full time. Reimagine the position as full time, find the money (if they tell you this is impossible, send me your budget and I will find it - I’ve done this a dozen times), and you’ll find someone who wants to stay there a decade or more and build something worthwhile. With the position as it currently is (and has been), you’ll always be looking every few years.

I wish you luck and thank you for what you’re trying to do. But now is the time to do more. MJM
  • ryandryand
    It is a lovely church and the TLM is celebrated well there. Good singers in the loft and in the pews.