Choral Workshop featuring Simon Carrington
  • rowley704
    Chorus Angelorum invites you to attend their Eighth Biennial Choral Workshop from June 9-12. The workshop, entitled "500 Years of English Cathedral Music" will be led by world renowned conductor Simon Carrington. Throughout the four days, participants will benefit from Dr. Carrington's extraordinary musicianship and extensive knowledge. The workshop will culminate with a magnificent service of Solemn Evensong at The Cathedral of Our Lady of Walsingham in Houston,TX.

Chorus Angelorum is a semi-professional ensemble in residence at The Cathedral of Our Lady of Walsingham, the mother church of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter. Their mission is to preserve and promote the rich treasury of sacred music, particularly that of the Anglican tradition, within the context of Choral Evensong. The group is under the direction of Edmund G. Murray, Director of Music and Organist at The Cathedral of Our Lady of Walsingham.

For registration and additional information, visit the Chorus Angelorum website at www.chorusangelorum.org or contact info@chorusangelorum.org.
  • These workshops are always enjoyable, aedifying, and inspiring. Do come for a uniquely rewarding experience. And, you can stay over for a week and attend the AGO convention, for which evensong with Chorus Angelorum at Walsingham will be a pre-convention event.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Simon is great … one of those true artists with no pretense.
  • Blaise
    I enjoyed attending the one in 2017 under Dr. Carrington's lead and hope to attend the one next year.

I especially loved singing Herbert Howells' setting of the Te Deum (Collegium Regale) as well as the Venite from Parsons' First Great Service.
  • We are not having a choral workshop at Walsingham this year, so any who had hoped to avail themselves of Simon Carrington's tutelage will need to look elsewhere. We had Dr Carrington for two or three years in a row and I have been told that we will get someone else for our next workshop. I think this is good, for having the same person every year is not really good - there is, after all, no shortage of outstanding choral men.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    If you have any advance info for next time to help people plan (dates, places), please do share.
  • Blaise
    I wasn't expecting Dr. Carrington to teach the next workshop; rather I look forward to it as I can sing the kind of lengthy works such as Te Deum that I don't normally get to sing. Besides the last time I have been in a choir at all was August of last year. I am looking to getting back to honing my choral singing skills.