Sarum Chant Vespers
  • renwick
    Hello everyone: I just wanted to let you know that I have recently published in 3 volumes the Sarum Office of Vespers in Latin. This is the first modern edition of the full vespers of any medieval Rite (or Use). This contains the full text, music and rubrics for the entire office, including many distinctive and ornate chants. You may be surprised at how extensive it is: Sarum Vespers (in 3 volumes) is over 1200 pages! For more information you can go to my web site, sarum-chant.ca. And here is the information on the books:
    William Renwick, ed. Sarum Vespers Latin I: Temporale. Hamilton ON: Gregorian Institute of Canada, 2019. 464 pp. ISBN 978-1-7752999-4-3
    William Renwick, ed. Sarum Vespers Latin I: Psalterium. Hamilton ON: Gregorian Institute of Canada, 2019. 320 pp. ISBN 978-1-7752999-3-6
    William Renwick, ed. Sarum Vespers Latin I: Sanctorale. Hamilton ON: Gregorian Institute of Canada, 2019. 500 pp. ISBN 978-1-7752999-5-0
    These hard-cover volumes are available from lulu.com.

with best wishes,
    William Renwick
  • Deo gratias!

I am so glad to be able to add these to my 1898 and 1901 editions of the Sarum consuetudenary, ordinal, and tonale - edited by Walter Frere.

I'm having trouble getting to these actual books at your suggested 'Sarum-chant.ca'.
    Do you have a direct link to where I may find their price and purchase them?

You have done a marvelous deed!
  • Jackson,

You've apparently survived the flood?
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • Chris -

Yes.
    There was not too much standing water for very long in my area (near Rice University).
    Many thanks for your concern.
    (Actually, the area in which I live is called 'Upper Kirby', so I tell people that I live in the UK.)
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen tomjaw
  • chonakchonak
    Here's a link to Prof. Renwick's books at Lulu:
    https://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1559272
  • Many thanks, Chonak - that's most helpful.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    You do God's work, Professor Renwick.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
    Now please - find a priest and convince him to start an exclusively Sarum Rite order.
    And we all know - Chickson lives (if only spiritually) in a place best described by John of Gaunt as being "bound in with the triumphant sea/Whose rocky shore beats back the envious siege/Of watery Neptune"
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn