Resource: OLMC FSSP Littleton CO website for sacred music
  • m_r_taylor
    There is an online database of music at the website of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Littleton CO - https://www.olmcfssp.org/index.php/olmc/music

Scroll down and it's on the Google Drive database on the left side of the page.

There's Gregorian chant, hymnody, polyphony, and a bit from other periods.

Most of the music seems to be edited by the music director there. I'm not a huge fan of the Google Drive layout but I imagine it makes hosting the files far simpler.

I just happened to run into it recently, it looks like a nice way for the parish music program to make its own musical resources available to others.
    Thanked by 1MarkB
  • MarkB
    I'll second the recommendation. I've been aware of the online library for about a year. It is cumbersome to navigate, but it does offer some good sheet music resources that are in the public domain.
  • Jeffrey Quick
    some good sheet music resources that are in the public domain.

As well as some that really aren't (Marsh)
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    As well as some that really aren't (Marsh)

Aren't good or aren't in the public domain?
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    This is Rick Wheeler's parish. He's done a solid job with their music program.
  • Jeffrey Quick
    Aren't PD. Marsh won't even be legal in Canada until 2022.
    Now it's very possible that the particular works were never renewed, and thus US-legal. I don't know if Rick's done a copyright search, and I should probably assume he has before opening the mouth.