Request for prayers
  • ghmus7
    This forum has been a great help to all of us...I have never made a personal request for prayer here before, but
    I would like to... In recent years, I have been in a well established relationship, and the lady, a Catholic and myself were discussing the possibility of marriage. Just before Holy Week, she broke the relationship seemingly permanently without much of an explanation, that has left me stunned. I ask your prayers for her, (JM) and myself.
    God Bless you all in your ministries and all the good you do!
  • CharlesW
    Prayers for you. Not a pleasant happening.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for you, both of you.
  • Carol
    Prayers for you both. Many years ago I had my heart broken in a similar way and boy was God looking out for me! My eyes were opened not long after that to a person I had known since I was 15. Last week we celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary, so I am just encouraging you to trust and pray through your hurt and confusion. God bless you in this time of trial, whether you reunite with her or not.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    I've been down that road all too often myself, good sir. And it always sucks when this happens. You definitely have my thoughts and prayers. Just remember - God put that person into your life for a reason, so learn from it. And if nothing else, let God fill the vaccuum that JM has left in your life.
  • Carol
    Still thinking of your situation and praying for you both.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • you're in my prayers too.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Carol
  • canadashcanadash
    Oh gosh... I'm sorry.
    Prayers that the right thing happens.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Carol
  • Jeffrey Quick
    Ow!
    As a former non-Catholic, I can tell you that there are worse things that can happen with relationships. But that doesn't make you or anyone feel better. And I could tell you that there are more girls on the girl tree, but when you've been carefully tending the tree, and the fruit falls off and rots, that's no comfort either. All I can tell you is that God has a plan for you, and I pray that He reveals it to you.