Chant for Trebles - a new resource
  • Greetings, everyone!

I would like to introduce you all to a newly created resource, Chant for Trebles. For a few years now the ladies in our women's schola at St. Mary Star of the Sea in Jackson, Michigan have asked about recordings they can use that feature chant sung in their own range, not one octave lower. Please, don't get me wrong! The sound of men chanting together is a glorious thing. But there are women and children who do much better with learning music sung in their own range. Thus, Chant for Trebles came to be.

This free resource features chants for the Sundays of the liturgical year based on the 1962 Roman Missal. The chants will be posted to the website at least one week before each Sunday/feast day and will feature a recording and corresponding video with the printed chant so schola members can follow along directly with the video. Our site also has a page for schola members to access PDFs of the chant as found on the Institute of Christ the King website.

You can visit the page at Chant for Trebles

Please feel free to send this information along to anyone who may benefit from this resource.

Many thanks!
    The Creative Catholics
    www.thecreativecatholics.com
    Thanked by 2JonathanKK tomjaw
  • chonakchonak
    Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for posting the information.

I see that the link in your item above is not working, so would you please repost the URL without any HTML tags? Please do include the prefix http://

The Forum software will automatically make the link work that way. I would fix the entry myself, but I'm on the way to work at the moment.
  • Oops! I have fixed the links and by my tests they seem to work now. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!
    Thanked by 1chonak