Seeking Petit & Fritsen Handbells
  • Greetings! I'm a composer interested in acquiring a set (or even part of a set) of handbells made by the (now defunct) Petit and Fritsen foundry in the Netherlands. I have been fortunate enough to borrow various sets of these bells from various sources, but would like to actually own a set. Any insights on this query are appreciated. My direct email is gracemarimba@hotmail.com.
  • I didn't know that Petit & Fritsen were defunct. How sad. Probably due to the devilish cut-throat work of simulacrum manufacturers - a pox on their houses.
    We had a Petit & Fritsen carillon at the Lutheran church which I served back in the seventies. They were played after all services by boys from my boys' choir.
    All told, we have four twenty-four bell carillons in Houston: Trinity Lutheran, St Mary's Seminary, St Vincent de Paul's, and St John the Divine.

Hand bells were actually invented to practice change ringing without disturbing the populace.

I hope you find the bells you are looking for.
    And, that you will share your compositions with us on the Forum.
    Thanked by 1rgrimes
  • Probably due to the devilish cut-throat work of simulacrum manufacturers - a pox on their houses.

• P&F handbells pop up for sale - just continue to do web searches and also visit the P&F website (not defunct) in the NL - they merged with another outstanding bell company in 2014.

I'm quite sure that they are contacted by people interested in selling used sets and can refer you. Best of luck.
    Thanked by 1rgrimes
  • If you don't find the Petit & Fritsen that you want, you might find a set of Whitechapel.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen