(Liturgical) New Years' Resolutions?
  • So, it's the New Year according to the liturgical calendar. I thought it might be a good idea to share with one another some resolutions you might be making for yourselves as individuals, or for the choirs you direct as well.

Here's mine -
    MYSELF: Sing more softly with finesse. "Leave loudness to the Methodists!"
    MY CHOIR:
    1. Start each practice with a choir member choosing a piece of Gregorian chant to sing.
    2. Learn a new mass setting (chant, polyphony, or otherwise) each month of the year.
  • I don't direct a choir, but would very much like to do my best to contribute to chant being better known and love, and continue to prepare myself lest I be asked to take more responsibility, which seems likely to happen over the next 5-10 years. So this year I am going to work on my own education particularly related to teaching and conducting.

I will also work on being very patient and cheerful with situations in which I have to sing things I don't like very much, or with people who haven't practiced as much as I wish they had. This one is mostly dependent on grace. ;)

Personally also to continue working on singing the Office more often and more fluidly.