Noob questions
  • I've been lurking for a few weeks and have some questions about How Things Are Done around here. (I'll save my substantive questions for another post.)

1. Is there an "Introduce yourself" thread?

2. Is there a thread/post/website with a truly comprehensive list/set of lists of resource links? I was looking for one here in this category. I understand that forums are organic, but to a true newbie like me, it's all a bit overwhelming. I don't mean finding my way around the forum, I mean finding what I don't know that I don't know.

3. Thank you, everyone, for this place, for all the work you've done, for all of the resources you've provided freely, for making this forum accessible to non-members, for your time, and for your faith.
  • Kathy
    I think this is your "introduce yourself" thread. Welcome!

The best place for resources is musicasacra.com
  • My head is spinning. Thank you both!
  • 4. will someone please explain the purple thing as if to a blind person? I sort of get it, but I have to use a high contrast browser theme (light on dark) which wipes out all the colors. What is the relation to the "theme" choice below the editing box? And I assume one can make text purple like this? (Was that purple?)
  • donr
    Purple text is to inform us that you are being sarcastic or joking, and not to take it too seriously. Some people don't always get the joke your trying to tell, and might get offended, so the purple lets everyone know "just kidding".

Welcome.
    Thanked by 1CeciliaJulia
  • Welcome, CJ! Be forewarned - if you get a text from M. Jackson Osborn of a period encased in a yellow box, proceed at your own peril.
    Thanked by 2CeciliaJulia tomjaw
  • I am shaking in my shoes--but I have no idea what you mean! I have seen such posts (though I do not see the yellow), but perhaps my interpretation of them was flawed! Oh, no!
  • Welcome. This is one of the best places on the internet.
  • a_f_hawkins
    CeciliaJulia: On the right of right of the panel showing current discussions is a box called Forum links. The one on HTML tips will explain how to get purple text, and a lot of other things. The other links are useful too.
    Thanked by 1CeciliaJulia
  • Keiran
    How do you delete a comment? I found I'd put it in twice. It allowed me to edit, but not delete!
  • a_f_hawkins
    Keiran - before youv'e posted you can go back to discussions (lower left) click on drafts at the top of the page hover over the draft and an x will appear at the top right of the box, click on that to delete.
    Once youv'e posted all you can do is edit down to "."